Apogee HypeMiC USB Condenser Microphone
Ever wonder how your favorite recordings seem to leap from the speaker, with vocals that magically float above even a dense background track? That’s compression. Apogee HypeMiC features studio-quality analog compression that’s easy to use and brings the magic to your vocals, voice-overs, instruments, percussion, and podcasts - anything you record! With HypeMiC and your iPhone or computer, you can make amazing recordings on the go.
HypeMiC’s unique analog compression enhances vocals like no other microphone. The three compression settings available in HypeMiC give you a truly balanced and “mixed” recording, reducing the need for extensive processing and mixing. Capturing your perfect take has never been easier.
HypeMiC brings a new level of smoothness and warmth to acoustic instrument recording. Varying compression levels allow you to capture the fullest tone of your instrument without compromise. Built for high SPL levels, HypeMiC provides greater clarity and detail when recording loud acoustic instruments from drums to horns to choirs.
Voice/Audio for Video
Ideal for livestreaming, podcasts and broadcasts, HypeMiC balances audio dynamics for greater clarity resulting in better ‘broadcast ready’ recordings. HypeMiC is compatible with any Mac/PC and iOS app that allows you to select an audio device so you’re never without a pro studio when you are on the go.
HypeMiC is an awesome way to introduce new sounds into your recordings and mixes. You can send audio out of the HypeMiC stereo output into a mixer, audio interface and stand-alone recorder to capture the unique and bold sound of HypeMiC’s compression settings.
HypeMiC offers 3 analog compression settings, all accessible from the front panel control knob:
- Shape it (Least): The minimal amount of compression, great for shaping the vocals and instruments in your music recordings
- Squeeze it (Medium): Great for podcasts, interviews and streaming when you want to squeeze a little more pop out of your voice
- Smash it (High): Great for voice recording when you really want to smash it for that big broadcast sound.
Sing Without Delay
The Blend feature lets you listen and record with zero latency. Like its cousins, Jam+ and MiC+, HypeMiC also features an ⅛” stereo headphone output and Blend function for zero latency monitoring. The Blend button allows you to easily adjust how much direct signal input (sound going into the microphone) you hear mixed with software playback (sound coming out of your computer), enabling you to dial in the perfect mix.
Listen with More Level
Whether you’re monitoring as you play and record with your favorite app, or streaming audio, the stereo output on HypeMiC dramatically improves the playback quality of your audio. With high resolution sample rates up to 96k and ample headroom, HypeMiC delivers incredible clarity and plenty of volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
Four products in one small package
HypeMiC combines a microphone, analog compressor, microphone preamp and A/D and D/A converters into one compact device. Apogee has carefully designed each part of HypeMiC to deliver the highest quality signal possible with the lowest noise.
Mac OS 10.9 or later:
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
Windows 10 or later:
- ASIO4ALL driver (required for professional applications only)
- Computer: Windows PC with Intel/AMD x86-64 processor
- Memory: 4GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
iOS 9 or later Devices:
- iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR
- iPhone X,
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8,
- iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7,
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s,
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6,
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5,
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation),
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch, iPad Pro 12.9-inch,
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air,
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini,
- iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation),
- iPad (4th generation),
- iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation)
|Package Contents||HypeMiC, desktop tripod, microphone stand adapter, pop filter, carry case, micro-USB to USB-C cable, micro-USB to USB-A cable, micro B-to-Lightning cable, and quick start guide|
|Unit Weight||0.45 lb|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Apogee HypeMiC USB Condenser Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields