Apogee Digital Element 88
The Apogee Element 88 is a new Thunderbolt interface which takes the best of Apogee products like the Symphony I/O Mk II, Ensemble Thunderbolt and Groove and distills it down into one simple box. Delivering impeccable sound quality via 8 Ins/8 Outs, this interface offers easy-to-use advanced software control, Thunderbolt connectivity, outstanding D/A conversion, a digital audio clock and more. Whether you record live sessions from full bands or track everything separately in your project studio, the Element 88 is an ideal interface that delivers the goods with a price tag of under $1500.
Analog to Digital Conversion
A high-quality A/D converter is critical for capturing every detail of your recordings into your computer. The Element series features some of the best Apogee A/D conversion. Recording through an Element ensures you will minimize unwanted noise and maximize the signal quality. Your tracks will sound amazing and mixing your project will be easier.
Whether you are recording powerful drums, dynamic vocals or delicate strings, you need a premium mic preamp to capture the finest details of the performance. The Element Series mic preamps feature Apogee’s Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture™. This analog circuit is designed to dynamically optimize across a gain range of 0-75dB to provide superior bandwidth and low distortion.
Digital to Analog Conversion
With a high-quality D/A converter, you will hear more definition in each track and virtual instrument. This clarity makes it easier for you to make precise adjustments and achieve the ideal balance when mixing your music. When you listen to your sessions through an Element, tracks will blend more harmoniously and mixing will be easier. The high end will sound crisp and clear and the low end will be tight and well defined.
An audio interface relies on a clock source like an orchestra relies on a conductor. A digital audio clock provides a timing signal to all the parts of a digital audio system so that each part of the AD/DA process may be synchronized. Element has its own built-in clock source and provides professional Word Clock IN and OUT for syncing with other digital audio gear. Use Element as the master clock to take advantage of Apogee’s superior built-in clocking technology.
The Element Series Thunderbolt driver offers incredible low-latency performance (1.41 ms round-trip) and rock-solid stability. Apogee's custom driver uses less of your computer's CPU power with the help of Direct Memory Access (DMA) technology. This allows you to run more plugins and monitor through your DAW at a low buffer setting. Element's low latency driver means you don't have to choose between power and speed.
Control the Elements
Element 88 is built to be controlled by a powerful software eco-system. With the Element series you have more control options than ever before.
Element Control App for Mac
Access all I/O controls and settings for your Element hardware with Element Control, Apogee’s software control application for Mac. Use the app to select your input type, adjust input/output levels, configure up to 5 different low-latency mixers and more. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to quickly select any input or output and adjust the level.
Element Control Mobile for iOS
Element Control Mobile for iOS provides you with wireless control of the hardware settings included in the Element Essentials Window. Download the iOS App from the App store to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Logic Pro X integration
When you’re using Logic Pro X, you can set Element input settings like gain, input source and more directly from with Logic’s Channel Strip, for the ultimate integrated system. Element’s I/O settings are saved with each Logic session, for instant and effortless recall.
- 16 IN x 16 OUT Thunderbolt Audio I/O box
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192 kHz/24-bit
- 8 analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48 V phantom power for connecting microphones, instruments or line-level devices, 4 combination inputs, 4 XLR inputs
- 8 analog outputs, 2 balanced L/R XLR outputs, 2 balanced 1/4” outputs, 2 1/4” stereo headphone outputs
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance, 1.41 ms round-trip at 96 kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- Optical IN: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF (ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Toslink connectors / SMUX: 8 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 2 Toslink connectors / S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 192 kHz on 1 Toslink connectors)
- Optical OUT: Supports ADAT, SMUX & S/PDIF (ADAT: 8 channels 44.1-48 kHz on 1 Toslink connectors / SMUX: 8 channels 88.2-96 kHz on 2 Toslink connectors / S/PDIF: 2 channels, up to 192 kHz on 1 Toslink connectors)
- Word Clock IN/OUT via BNC connections for syncing with other digital audio gear
- Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
- Element Control Mobile App provides wireless remote control of hardware via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Works with Apogee Control - Optional desktop hardware remote control (Sold separately)
|Package Contents||Includes Universal Power Supply with standard 3-pin IEC cable, rack ears and mounting screws, quick start guide, and warranty guide|
|Number of Inputs||16|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR, Optical|
|Number of Outputs||16|
|Output Connectors||1/4-inch TRS, Analog XLR, Optical|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
|Digital Format||ADAT, S/PDIF, SMUX|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Apogee Digital Element 88.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields