API 1608 - Loaded w/Half Loaded 16-Channel Expander – No Longer Available
Demo console available in Los Angeles for personal demonstrations.
To arrange for a personal demonstration in Los Angeles contact: Jeff Ehrenberg
Building on API's rich heritage of extremely high quality recording consoles, we introduce the Model 1608, a full featured small format recording console based on the vintage API 1604 console, which has held its demand and value for over three decades.
The API 1608 gives all of the advantages of the 1604 Vintage Consoles while adding new, modern features valuable to today's engineers, producers and musicians.
The 1608 is built to the same exacting API build standards as our Vision consoles, Legacy consoles, and modular products.
- Headroom is +28dBU
- 16 channels mic/line
- 500 series slot per channel (8 spare, can be normalled to FX rtn or patchable)
- 16x 312 vintage style mic pre’s (as in 3124+)
- 4x 560 graphic and 12x 550a included (can be ordered short loaded or available as frame with no eq)
- 24 line rtn at stereo mix Access to stereo line in at mix
- Discrete classic 2520 opamp design
- Legacy type logic throughout
- 8 buss
- 8 aux
- 8 FX rtn
- 5.1 monitoring
- 3 position speaker selector(dim, dim volume, mute, mono)
- Inserts on all input channels and mix buss
- Direct line inputs per channel like 512/3124+
- API Vision automation is optional and ships spring 08’
- 16 channel expander (up to 32 channel total, links via Elco multipin)
- Can order as empty frame or partially loaded with any combo of 500 series modules (call or email for custom quote)
- Dimensions: 38” wide x 34” deep x 18” high at meters
- Built like a tank
What’s balanced, what’s unbalanced, and what has transformers:
- Line in: active balanced discrete API 2520 amplifier
- Pre-amp out transformer balanced
- Eq in is EQ dependant(the 1608 motherboards are setup to accept a 2510 balancing amp card which is NOT stock, as you would only want them if your eq is unbalanced in): 560 is balanced, 550a is unbalanced, 550b is unbalanced.
- EQ out: transformer balanced
- Insert return: active balanced discrete API 2510 amplifier
- Direct out: transformer balanced
- Multi Bus Outs: transformer balanced
- Multi Bus to PGM Bus assign: Passive resistor balanced assign
- PGM summing amp outs: transformer balanced
- PGM Insert returns: active balanced discrete API 2510 amplifier
- PGM Outs: Transformer balanced
- Echo Sends: transformer balanced
- Echo Returns: active balanced discrete API 2510 amplifier
- CR outs: Transformer balanced
- Oscillator out: active balanced output
The standard fit of a 1608 console is:
- 16 548B inputs with mic/line and direct output
- 12 550A equalizers
- 4 560 equalizers
- 8 echo returns
- 1 complete center
- Facilities section
- 16 manual faders
- 1 stereo fader
We've been buying, selling and restoring the world’s best consoles since 1993
Shopping for a recording console can be an intimidating process. You can spend countless hours online searching for answers only to end up with more questions than when you started. That's why we’ve created our one-of-a-kind shopping experience to help you purchase the console that is exactly right for you and your studio.
Finding the perfect console means being connected, and for over 20 years, we’ve been one of the biggest players in the worldwide audio marketplace. We’ve helped thousands of customers complete the console buying process, while also helping to facilitate brokered sales, gear trade-ins and purchasing classic desks for refurbishment.
Each of our premium serviced consoles has passed through a rigorous multi-point inspection and meticulous testing to ensure the result is a world-class restoration. Upon completion, your console will be expertly crated and shipped to your studio, where our highly skilled technical experts can lead a worry-free integration.
No matter whether you’re interested in a vintage piece or the latest releases, our team of experts can answer even the toughest questions. From servicing and shipping consoles to creating custom furniture, patch bays and turnkey packages, we’ve been involved in every aspect of the industry. We work tirelessly to provide the best selection, service and support anywhere to help our customers find the console of their dreams. Want to see what we can do for you? Talk to one of our console experts by calling 888.653.1184 or you can email us.
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when API 1608 - Loaded w/Half Loaded 16-Channel Expander becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.