Antelope Audio Orion 32+ – No Longer Available
The Antelope Audio Orion 32+ is a successor to the world’s first 64-channel AD/DA, now offering a greater variety of interfaces such as Thunderbolt, MADI and USB. The digital connectivity options are complimented also by ADAT and S/PDIF.
Connect Orion 32+ to any DAW on the market
Orion 32+ provides seamless connectivity to any DAW, allowing for low latency simultaneous I/O streaming of 64 channels of 24-bit, 192 kHz audio signal via ThunderboltTM and 32 channels via USB. The analog I/O are handled by 8 DB25 connectors and a pair of TRS connectors for monitoring.
Enhanced Routing, Mixing and Monitoring
Orion 32+ offers stunning flexibility and great productivity, providing a color-coded routing matrix with four separate mixers, built-in DSP effects and zero latency monitoring. The entire control is gathered in a desktop application available for both OS X and Windows. The control panel is based on the software created initially for Orion 32 and further developed for another Antelope Audio leading product, Zen Studio. Orion 32+ control panel is an extremely intuitive user-friendly interface, which incorporates both our know-how and customers’ feedback.
Digital clarity meets analog detail in Antelope Audio’s signature sound
The proven clocking accuracy is supported by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter management technology, the same as with the flagship Trinity Master Clock. The clean, transparent and detailed conversion in Orion 32+ is the same as with its predecessor, which has proved its sound quality in a great number of studios and live shows across the Globe. The 10 MHz input, enabling connectivity to Antelope’s legendary 10M Atomic Clock and its successor 10MX, makes Orion 32+ crystal oscillator remarkably precise, emphasizing the signature Antelope sound. The two word clock outputs make Orion 32+ a great fit in any setup, not only as an interface, but a master clock as well.
Enhanced Orion 32+ desktop application for even smoother studio workflow
Control all Orion 32+ features and functions from its freshly redesigned desktop app. OS X and Windows compatible, the control panel follows Antelope Audio’s networking control concept, meaning you can now access the interface from multiple computers in the same network. The Orion 32+ software panel allows users to detach all its sections into freely movable and resizable panels for more convenient session arrangements, especially important for engineers and artists with multiple screen setups.
- Analog Inputs: 4 x D-SUB 25 (32 channels total), +20 dBu max, 11.2 kOhms
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Fiber Optic MADI (up to 64CH); 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH); 1 x S/PDIF
- Word Clock Input: 1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
- Atomic Clock Input: 1 x 10M Input @ 75 Ohms 1Vpp on BNC
- Analog Outputs: 4 x D-SUB 25 (32 channels total), +20dBu, 56 Ohms; 2 x Monitor Outs on TRS 1/4 Jacks
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Fiber Optic MADI (up to 64CH); 2 x ADAT (up to 16CH); 1 x S/PDIF
- Word Clock Outputs: 2 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
- USB I/O: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed; Data stream up to 480 Mbits/192kHz,
- 32 channels I/O, Type B
- ThunderboltTM: 1 x ThunderboltTM (64 channels I/O)
- D/A Monitor Converter: Dynamic Range: 129 dB; THD + N: -108 dB
- A/D Converter: Dynamic Range: 118 dB; THD + N: -105 dB
- D/A Converters: Dynamic Range: 118 dB; THD + N: -98 dB
- Clocking System: 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking; 64-bit DDS; Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator
- Clock Stability: <+/-0.02 ppm, oven controlled at 64.5ºC/ 148.1ºF
- Clock Aging: < 1 ppm per year
- Clock Calibration: < +/-0.001 ppm
- Sample Rates (kHz): 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C, 32-122°F
- Weight: 3kg/ 6.6 lbs approx.
- Dimensions (Approx): Width: 483 mm/19”; Height: 44 mm/1.75”; Depth: 220 mm/8.66”
- Power Supply: AC Universal input ~95-245 V
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts Max
|Unit Weight||6.6 lb|
|Input Connectors||Analog DB25, BNC, Digital RCA, Optical|
|Output Connectors||Analog DB25, BNC, Digital RCA, Optical|
|Computer Connection||Thunderbolt, USB|
|Clock I/O||In, Out|
|Maximum Sampling Rate||192 kHz|
|Digital Format||ADAT, MADI, S/PDIF|
This thing is mind-blowing, world class audio conversion. My setup includes this 32+ and a D&R console in hybrid setup. I could not be happier.
I recently purchased the Orion 32+ with Thunderbolt conductivity.
Brian at VK was very helpful . Having 32 analog ins and out is perfect for my application doing Film Score pre mixes and basic live tracking and mixing on my vintage 56 channel desk. The onboard mastering apps are wonderful . the best part is most my patching is done in the Antelope channel selection software . reducing my patch bay to just my special out board gear . very clean and as i use a powerful PC with thunderbolt, i have loaded on the tracks with no latency issues at all . Highly recommend this unit for studios doing serious Hybrid mixing .
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Antelope Audio Orion 32+.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields