To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
Antelope Audio Edge Solo Modeling Microphone
Single-capsule large-diaphragm condenser modeling microphone for cardioid vintage mic emulations - get instant access to 18 iconic microphones in one body with Antelope Audio’s cutting-edge Modeling Engine technology
The Antelope Audio Edge Duo is a large diaphragm condenser microphone, with a cardioid pickup pattern, that delivers clean and natural recordings with any interface or preamp. The microphone is designed for the artist/engineer who needs one solution for numerous situations and applications. In addition to the high-performance hardware, Antelope Audio has developed a proprietary Modeling Engine that adds advanced tone-shaping to the microphone’s own pristine sound. The 18 different mic emulations make this a highly adaptive and effective recording tool - suitable for home- and professional-studio recordings of vocals, acoustic instruments, guitar & bass cabs, as well as drums & percussion.
A Mic That Stands On Its Own
The Edge Solo features a low self-noise, high SPL and a 6-micron gold-sputtered diaphragm. Combined with the low-resonance body and low-reflection head basket, the capsule powers a high-performance microphone capable of delivering ultra-fast transients, flat frequency response, and exceptional dynamic range for clean and natural-sounding recordings.
A Plethora of Tone-Shaping Emulations
In addition to its own pristine sound, the Edge Solo has the ability to mimic 18 of the most popular mics - from dynamic classics to rare Tube & FET large-diaphragm condensers that have stood the test of time. To develop the emulations, Antelope Audio has worked with several revered European facilities, making rigorous measurements and testing multiple exquisitely preserved vintage microphones, as well as modern high-end classics. The 18 emulations provide the necessary sonic versatility needed to suit any voice or instrument both at home and in the studio.
A New Vision for the Recording Experience
The purpose of the Edge Solo and all other modeling microphones in Antelope Audio’s portfolio is to not only equip you with a variety of sonically versatile emulations in one body but to also expand your scope of recording abilities with features not available with conventional microphones. The modeling engine enhances your workflow by allowing you to switch between microphone emulations with a single click during recording or post-production. The dual-diaphragm design complements this further by also enabling polarity alterations at any stage of your production. When paired with an Antelope Audio interface you can benefit from imperceptible latency while picking the best mic emulation for the job during tracking. If you prefer, record without any modeling, and alter the sound later on with the native emulation plug-ins, compatible with any DAW or interface.
Please note: iLok 2 or 3 required to use emulations as native plug-ins within your DAW
- Berlin 47 FT - by far the ultimate kick drum microphone, with large, full-bodied sound and unmatchable low-end that’s also suitable for bass cabinets
- Berlin 47 TU - modeled after “the holy grail” of tube microphones, it’s suitable for any source and any application, but its glory is mostly due to its ability to capture vocals’ presence like no other microphone
- Berlin 49T - a classic male-vocal microphone for effortless tube warmth, whilst preserving musical presence
- Berlin 57 - similar midrange warmth and velvety highs as its brothers the Berlin 47 and 67, but with a slightly less colored response
- Berlin 67 - the perfect choice for the drum-overheads and other sharp instruments that might need softening
- Berlin 87 - a classic on vocals and acoustic instruments that need extra brightness
- Berlin K86 - emulation of a classic German small-diaphragm condenser microphone with broad usage - heard on snare drums, piano and vocals in many hit records
- Berlin M103 - a great natural-sounding all-purpose studio microphone that offers less coloration than its brother the 87, but a bigger dynamic range
- Berlin M251 - an all-time classic female-vocal microphone, heard on countless records by Tina Turner, Shania Twain, Bjork, and many other legends
- Berlin V563 cardioid capsule - this emulation shares a similar sound character to the legendary 47TU with its natural warmth and smoothness, yet it adds another layer of presence and sheen on top
- Hamburg 441 - the perfect choice for guitar cabinets and snares, able to capture detailed upper mids in high SPL applications without ever sounding harsh
- Illinois 7B - its applications vary from kick drums, bass cabs, and vocals (both live and in the studio), but it's most well known as the “radio mic”, because of its ability to capture incredibly deep low-end on voice-overs and speech
- Illinois 57 - one of the most recognizable all-purpose microphones ever build - often finding its place for close-miking drums or guitar cabs
- Minnesota 20 - a familiar large and full low-end making it suitable for kick drums, bass cabs, and male vocals
- Tokyo 800T - a classic hip-hop and pop large-diaphragm condenser mic that has become the favorite for Drake, Justin Bieber, and many other artists today
- Vienna 12 – the original sits at the top of the dream list for many pros, who consider it the holy grail of vocal and brass microphones
- Vienna 112 - a staple of every live room with a drum kit, with a tight low-end and plenty of attack
- Vienna 414 - the ideal choice for drum overheads, acoustic instruments, and other airy sources
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone delivering high-resolution audio
- 18 classic mic emulations with stunning tone-shaping abilities
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- User-friendly software allowing for speed & efficiency
Antelope Audio is a digital audio equipment manufacturer delivering high-resolution sound to acclaimed recording studios worldwide. The company’s rise to fame can be traced back to their innovative master clocks and award-winning audio interfaces. In recent years they have leveraged their sonic expertise to create а line of modeling microphones.
|Package Contents||Edge Solo modeling mic, hard mount cradle, hard-carry case, mic emulation license codes and quick start guide leaflet, and warranty card|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Impedance||Output: 50 Ohms|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-35 dBV/Pa (18 mV)|
I really love this mic. It sounds christal clear plugged into Antelope Zen Audio Synergy Core and the emulations are amazing. I am ABing many mics I have in studio with dedicated external preamps to this mic and I very impressed: it sounds AMAZING. I think it is going to become my go to mic for quick voiceovers or recordings because it is so easy to set up, getting a clean recording, and then find the color you want in the "mic locker". For the price, it is a steal. It is so good that I am thinking to sell some of my other mics and preamps.
Versatile good sounding mic with caveat. Full functionality on input only if you have an antelope audio interface. If you're like me using Apollo or any other interface you have to insert the modeling effect in your daw like a vst plugin.
The mic is a game changer !!!
This thing’s really cool! I own a couple of the mics it emulates and if you close your eyes it feels about right. I also love the size of this thing. Perfect mic for me.
It is a good mic, being free, it is really good, the mic emulations well, I can’t really say, I own a couple of the emulated models(414, TLM103 etc) but I feel these mics are very useful, just don’t try and compare its pointless
I give the Antelope Audio Microphone Modeling System a Five Star Rating.
If you are a professional studio or an audio enthusiast the power if these microphones is amazing. . .
The flexibility of the microphones truly gives you different microphones with one device.
Add to your microphone locker today. . . .
The Antelope Edge Solo is truly a wonderful and much needed quality modeling microphone. It has the ability to take on the characteristics of many of the world’s most sought after vintage microphones. Coupled with Antelope’s virtual mic preamps, compressors and equalizers, there’s no excuse for not finding the right vocal chain for any vocalist or instrument. I absolutely love mine and highly recommend it! You won’t be disappointed.
My first Antelope gear, It's an excellent product, very versatile for any kind of use, Really happy with it
When I told a few friend of mine that I was going the modeling route with microphones they were very skeptical, but let me tell you this thing has made a believer out of all of us. Its a great mic on its one but adequately models top of line vintage microphones. You can really tell the difference as you rotate through different microphones. Antelope is awesome!
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Antelope Audio Edge Solo Modeling Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields