Antares Mic Mod EFX - Electronic Delivery
Antares Mic Mod EFX is the microphone-modeling tool that makes the microphones you own sound like the microphones you wish you owned.
Spice up your tracks with models of vintage mics from Neumann, Coles and others plus modern boutique microphones. Antares' patented Spectral Shaping Tool technology gives you precise digital models of over 100 legendary microphones. Simply tell Mic Mod EFX what microphone you are actually using and what microphone you’d like it to sound like.
Not only do Mic Mod EFX’s models reproduce all of the subtle sonic characteristics that make each microphone unique, but they also give you control of each mic’s specific options. Does the mic have a low cut filter? If so, it’s in the model. Wind screen on or off? Close or far placement? Each option results in the same sonic effect that it would have with the actual mic. For that final touch of perfection, you can even add some tasty tube saturation.
Mic Mod EFX gives you a huge virtual microphone collection that you can use for recording, mixing and even in live performance to get the sound of mics you would never consider using on stage. It’s also a great tool for broadcast and podcasting applications.
If you’ve ever wished for an extensive collection of exotic mics (but shuddered at the cost), then Mic Mod EFX is the plug-in for you. Not only do Mic Mod EFX’s models reproduce all of the subtle sonic characteristics that make each microphone unique, but they also give you control of each mic’s specific options. Does the mic have a low cut filter? If so, it’s in the model. Wind screen on or off? Close or far placement? Each option results in the same sonic effect that it would have with the actual modeled mic. And for that final touch of perfection, you can even add some tasty tube saturation.
Source Mic and Modeled Mic
Simply select the mic you’re using (or used during your original recording) and the mic you want it to sound like.
Proximity Effect is a bass boost that results from placing a directional mic in close proximity to a signal source (e.g., a singer’s lips). With Mic Mod EFX’s Proximity controls, you can actually create the effects of different mic distances based on the specific physical properties of each individual modeled mic.
Low Cut Filter
If your source mic has a low cut filter, enter its setting in the Source Mic Low Cut menu. If your selected modeled mic has a low cut filter, you can model the effects of any of its settings with the Modeled Mic Low Cut menu.
If your source mic has variable pickup patterns, enter the selected pattern in the Source Mic Pattern menu. If your selected modeled mic has variable pickup patterns, you can experiment with the effects of any of its patterns with the Modeled Mic Pattern menu.
Based on the same technology as Antares’ famed WARM Tube Saturation Generator, the Tube Saturation control lets you give your track the warmth of a high-quality tube pre-amp.
- AEA R44C
- AKG C12A; C414; C414B/ULS Limited Edition Gold; C414B/ULS Modified by Audio Upgrades;
- 460B/CK61-ULS; D112; C1000S; D790; C3000; C4000B; C 12 VR; C414 EB; C535 EB; The
- Tube; D1; Solidtube; D5; Perception 120; Perception 220
- Alesis AM61
- Audio-Technica ATM11; AMT25; ATM31; AT813A; AT853Rx; AT3525; AT4047/SV;
- AT4033a/SM; AT4050; AT4055; AT4060; AT4051; AT2020;
- Audix D4; OM2; OM3-xb; OM5; SCX1; CX111; OM-6; D-1; SCX-one
- B&K 4007
- Behringer Ultravoice ECM 8000; Ultravoice XM8500
- Beyerdynamic M-500; M-500 Limited Edition Classic; MC-834; CK-703
- Blue Bluebird; Blueberry; Mouse; The Bottle
- Brauner VM1; Valvet
- CAD Equitek E100; Equitek E200; Equitek E350; C400s; VSM1; 95Ni
- Coles 4038
- Earthworks Z30x; TC30K; QTC1
- ElectroVoice N/D357; PL20 RE55; RE15; N/D868; N/D767A
- Groove Tubes MD-1
- Langevin CR-3A
- Lawson L47MP
- Manley Labs Reference Gold
- Marshall MXL 2001P; MXL 2003
- MicroTech Gefell UM 800
- Neumann U47; U 87; U 87 70th Anniversary Gold Edition; M 149; TLM 193; KM 184; TLM103; U 89i
- Oktava MC-012; MK-219; MK-319
- RCA BK5A
- Rode NT1; NT2; NTV
- Royer R-121
- Sennheiser MD421; MD441; E609; E835S; K6-ME64
- Shure Beta 52; Beta 57A; Beta 58; Beta 87A; Beta 98D/S; SM7A; SM57; SM58; SM81; SM98A; KSM32; VP88
- Sony C37P; C48; C800G
- Soundelux U95S
- Tannoy Large Vintage Ribbon; Small Vintage Ribbon
- Telefunken U-47 (Original Tube)
Mic Mod EFX requires an iLok (not included).
- AAX Native (64 and 32-bit): Pro Tools 10.3.8 or later; Mac OS 10.9.5 to 10.13 as required by your version of Pro Tools
- VST: A compatible VST host program that supports the VST3 format; Mac OS 10.9.5 to 10.13 as required by your host
- Audio Units: A compatible host program that supports the Audio Units format; Mac OS 10.9.5 to 10.13 as required by your host
- RTAS: Pro Tools 7.x to 10.x; Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9.5 as required by your version of Pro Tools
- AAX Native (64 and 32-bit): Pro Tools 10.3.8 or later; Windows 7 to 10 as required by your version of Pro Tools
- VST: A compatible host program that supports the VST2 or VST3 format; Windows 7 to 10 as required by your host
- RTAS: Pro Tools 7.x – 10.x; Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1 as required by your version of Pro Tools
|Software Delivery||Electronic Delivery|
|Plug-In Format||AAX Native, RTAS, AU, VST2, VST3|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Antares Mic Mod EFX - Electronic Delivery.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields