AMS / Neve 1081 Mic Pre/4 Band EQ (Used) – No Longer Available
Neve's classic mic preamplifier with 4 band EQ. Low/Hi pass filters. Hi-Q switches on both low and hi mids. Peak/shelf switch on low and hi bands. Class A/B discrete.
Amazing for kick/snare - areas where you need to get in with 4 bands of sculpting. Taller and punchier sounding than the Class A 1073, which has a wider and fluffier tonal character.
EQ controls are:
- High pass filter at five frequencies (27 - 47 - 82 - 150 - 270 Hz)
- Low pass filter at five frequencies (3.9 - 5.6 - 8.2 - 12 - 18 kHz)
- Low EQ (peak or shelving) at five frequencies (33 - 56 - 100 - 180 - 330 Hz)
- Low Mid EQ (with Hi-Q) at ten frequencies (220 - 270 - 330 - 390 - 470 - 560 - 680 - 820 - 1000 - 1200 Hz)
- High Mid EQ (with Hi-Q) at ten frequencies (1.5 - 1.8 - 2.2 - 2.7 - 3.3 - 3.9 - 4.7 - 5.6 - 6.8 - 8.2 KHz)
- High EQ (peak or shelving) at five frequencies 3.3 - 4.7 - 6.8 - 10 - 15 kHz
Also includes 30 dB of range for line gain (-20 to +10 db) or 70 dB of range for mic gain (-10 to -80db); phase reverse, EQ bypass, and solo.
Designed in 1972, the Neve 1081 was originally conceived as a combined mic/line preamp and equaliser section for the Neve modular consoles. A glance through the credits on today’s platinum-selling albums reveals that these vintage consoles are still widely used to great effect, confirming the 1081’s status as a truly classic component in a recording front-end or mixing environment. We are still hand-building 1081 modules in Burnley, UK much the same way as the original modules, using the original components, hand-wound transformers, and time-honed construction methods.
The 1081 provides remarkable sensitivity, fast and musical response to transients, plus inimitable Neve equalisation featuring effective high- and low-pass filters designed to separate unwanted signal outside the passband. This gives users a flexible tool with which to shape new sounds and control any part of the audio spectrum. The curves and slopes have been carefully tailored to enable users to exercise maximum technical and artistic skill.
Over three decades of engineers have found the 1081 an indispensable tool for recording and mixing drums, bass and percussion. As with all Neve outboard gear, users are assured the highest quality signal acquisition, thanks to uncompromising Class AB circuitry, hand-wound Neve-designed transformers, and unrivalled attention to every last component and construction detail.
- Legendary Neve microphone preamp and equaliser design (Class A)
- Hand-built and wired precisely to original 1972 specifications
- 5 switchable EQ bands
- HP and LP selectable filters (18dB per octave)
- Separate 48V phantom power supply
- Solo button selects channel unbalanced output
- Neve-designed hand-wound transformers
- Both inputs transformer-balanced and earth free
- Microphone Input: Gain +80db to +10dB in 5dB steps
- Line Input: Gain +20dB to -10dB in 5dB steps
- Output: Maximum output >+26dBu into 600 ohms; Output impedance 75ohms @1kHz
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% at +20dBu output
- Freq Response: +/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 45kHz. EQ Out.
- Output noise better than -80 dB at all line levels
Neve "Classic" Outboard - Genuine Neve product hand built in UK using all of the original components, nothing new in 30 years
|Condition||Used / Vintage|
|Tube or Solid State||Solid State|
|Module Type||1081 / 1064|
|Input Connectors||Analog XLR|
|Output Connectors||Analog XLR|
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields
Please fill out the form below and, when AMS / Neve 1081 Mic Pre/4 Band EQ (Used) becomes available, a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you.