Alta Moda AM-30
The first preamp offering from Alta Moda Audio, the Alta Moda AM-30 is in a class of its own. Not contrived or cloned from other designs, the AM-30 is truly unique in its approach to microphone pre-amplification.
The Class-A transformerless electronics of the AM-30 are fully discrete and wide bandwidth. Clean at lower gain settings, the AM-30 can be smoothly over-driven by increasing input level or gain. Where other preamps would harshly hard-clip when pushed, the AM-30 smoothly begins to saturate, adding rich, low-order harmonics to the signal.
With its exceptional performance on a wide range of sources such as guitars, drums, bass and vocals, the AM-30 delivers a sound that is big, punchy, bold and clear.
Its high input impedance and high headroom make the AM-30 great on line level signals too; perfect for re-amping guitars or warming up previously recorded tracks and loops.
And like all Alta Moda Audio products, the AM-30 preamp is entirely hand-built in the USA, and uses some of the finest components available.
- Gain Control: An 11-position rotary switch sets overall gain of the first amplifier stage. Unlike other transformerless designs, this first stage has soft, even-order harmonic overload characteristics, similar to a vacuum tube triode.
- Output Control: Controls the output level of the AM-30. It is a true continuous fader; it ranges from "0" up to an additional 6 dB of overall boost.
- Signal Presence Light: To make recording session setup easier, the AM-30 is equipped with a simple "signal present" indicator light. Since it is difficult to clip the AM-30's front end (and better to judge sound quality by ear), no clip indicator is needed.
- Direct Input: A standard 1/4" phone jack allows instruments such as bass and keyboards to be amplified directly. This FET-based circuit drives the input of the preamp just as a microphone would.
- The AM-30 is compatible with any 500 series rack system which has 48V phantom power available. To achieve its maximum headroom, the AM-30 effectively uses all three available power supply rails for its power source.
|Module Type||500 Series|
|Module Slot Count||1 Slot|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the Alta Moda AM-30.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields