To inquire if this item is available in one of our stores, please call 888.653.1184 or chat with us.
AEA R88A Active Stereo Ribbon Microphone
The AEA R88A Active Stereo Ribbon Microphone with custom toroid transformers captures sound as your ears hear it with an honest, open tonality. The R88A effortlessly records the sonic intricacies of drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that produce complex transients.
The extra 12 dB of transformer gain is advantageous when recording quiet sources like vocals or soft acoustic guitars. The active impedance buffers help prevent noise interference on long cable runs or when operating near large lighting rigs. The R88A requires standard 48V phantom power to operate.
- Same award-winning stereo perspective as the passive R88mk2
- Phantom powered (48 V) version of AEA's classic R88mk2 with 12 dB more
- transformer gain
- Compatible with any preamp and input impedance
- Fast, accurate transient reproduction
- Stereo ribbon microphone that offers a natural sound
- Captures amazingly precise stereo imagery with a single mic
- Larger-than-normal ribbon elements handle high SPLs with ease
- Figure-8, Blumlein Configuration (90 degrees) polar pattern
- 141 dB max SPL
|Polar Pattern||Bi-Directional / Figure-Eight|
|Number of Microphones||Single Microphone|
|Max. SPL||141 dB|
|Analog or Digital||Analog|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the AEA R88A Active Stereo Ribbon Microphone.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields