4ms Company VCA Matrix
The 4ms VCA Matrix is a playable 4x4 matrix of 16 VCAs.
Four CV or audio inputs can be routed in any amount/combination to four outputs, using the 16 CV control jacks, Level knobs, and Mute buttons.
- 4 CV/audio inputs and 4 outputs (buffered and dc-coupled)
- Full range (0Hz - 20kHz) for both Control and Signal inputs, allows for AM effects, etc.
- 16 VCA's using high quality SSM chips
- Attenuation/gain range from -100dB (mute) to 0dB (unity). Up to +20dB boost with trimpot adjustment.
- Playable surface with 16 latching Mute LED buttons, used to mute each VCA individually (Mute button disconnects Control jack and Level knob, and fully attenuates the VCA)
- LED button brightness indicates amount of attenuation and Control CV signal
- 16 Control jacks for VCA level control
- 16 Level knobs attenuate the incoming Control signals. The Level knobs act as manual level controls when nothing is plugged into the Control jack
- Exponential VCA response in low control voltage range, pseudo-log response in higher voltage range.
- "Soft Limit" effect limits gain to prevent clipping, while still responding to higher Control voltages with more "punch" and wider pulses
- Matrix Expandability: VCA Matrices can be connected to form a larger matrix using headers on the back (4x8, 8x8, 12x4, etc)
- Control Expandability: 16-pin header on back side of PCB allows an external device to control all VCAs: e.g. patch recall, patch sequencing, preset patterns such as quadrature panning, etc.
- Suitable as a 4x4 mixer, splitter, dynamic signal router, limited waveshaper, etc.
Module size: The VCA Matrix is 26HP, and 1.0 inches deep (25mm)
A jumper selects using +5V from the power supply, or generating +5V on-board from the +12V rail.
- -12V rail: 110mA max
- +12V rail:
- 80 max with jumper selecting external 5V
- 110mA max with jumper selecting internal 5V.
- +5V rail:
- 40mA max with jumper selecting external 5V
- not used (0mA) with jumper selecting internal 5V.
|Input Connectors||3.5 mm|
|Output Connectors||3.5 mm|
|Module Slot Count||26hp|
|Connector Type||3.5 mm|
Please fill out the form below and a Vintage King Audio Consultant will contact you with a ship date for the 4ms Company VCA Matrix.
When it comes to getting the best gear, your tastes are probably pretty particular. Vintage King can help answer any and every question to help you make the right decisions for your sound. Fill out the form below and we'll be in contact with you shortly.
Free shipping to the lower 48 US states on orders $99 and up. See details.
* Required Fields