The ZVEX Mastotron is a heavy silicon fuzz design that includes a couple of unusual features... source impedance control, subs control, and pulse width control. It works equally well with bass and guitar, and can easily be interfaced with digital devices like recorders as well as keyboards. Let’s go over the complete set of controls:
- RELAX/PUSH: This knob introduces source impedance to the signal going into the Mastotron™. When fully up, the signal goes in raw... when turned down, source impedance is added as needed to “soften” the input for active pickups.
- FUZZ: This wide-range knob lets you set just how fuzzy your Mastotron™ gets.
- PW: Pulse Width control. You can swing this from square wave on the left to narrow pulses on the right.
- TONE: This shapes the treble without sacrificing the heavy subs.
- VOL: Output volume.
- SUBS Switch: “2-1-3” Lets you set how much sub content is in your fuzz. It’s pretty dramatic... 3 is huge, 2 is medium, and 1 is absolutely none left. Totally twinky. Try 1 with the tone turned down!