The Yamaha Montage 7 is a 76-key workstation synthesizer that combines elements of the DX- and the Motif-series keyboards. Employing Motion-Control Synthesis, the Montage combines two sound engines: the AWM2 (synthesis- and sample-based sounds) and FM-X (Frequency-Modulation synthesis.) Powered by proprietary Yamaha data compression and playback technology, the AWM2 engine provides realistic sound reproduction and features nearly 10 times the waveform capacity of the Motif XF. This means that the Montage allows for far more samples per instrument than the XF, and thus a far more nuanced sound. The FM-X engine is capable of producing everything from classic '80s FM-based basses and bells, to harsh, cutting-edge modern EDM type sounds. It features 8-operator FM architecture and 128-note polyphony, allowing for a massive array of sound-design options.
The Montage features 16-part multi-timbral operation, but it comes with a full range of all-new sounds, like the Yamaha CFX Premium Grand Piano, detailed new strings and woodwinds, and select content from the DX and TX families, all modernized to take advantage of the Motion Control Synthesis Engine. Also, Montage is directly compatible with Motif ES/XS/XF Voices, allowing you to transfer your favorite presets and get all of your sounds together in one place.
- Number of Keys: 76
- Type of Keys FSX semi-weighted with aftertouch
- Other Controllers Pitchbend, mod wheel, ribbon controller
- Polyphony 128-note stereo polyphony
- Wave Memory 1.75GB internal flash user memory
- Number of Presets 128 factory, 2048 user
- Effects Types DSP effects engine
- Arpeggiator Yes
- Audio Playback USB flash
- Sequencer 16-track, 64 songs
- USB 1 x USB Type A, 1 x USB Type B
- Audio Inputs 2 x 1/4" (left, right)
- Audio Outputs 2 x 1/4" (left, right), 2 x 1/4" (assignable left, right), 1 x 1/4" (headphones)
- MIDI I/O In/Out/Thru/USB
- Pedal Inputs 2 x foot controller, 1 x assignable, 1 x sustain
- Height 5.18"
- Width 49"
- Depth 15.6"
- Weight 37.5 lbs.