The WMDevices Arcane Preamp is a two channel true bypass pedal. The first channel is a medium gain boost that adds a little bit of sparkle and breaks up into a soft overdrive when hit hard. The right footswitch activates the high gain fuzz channel which is fed by the boost and can provide hot lead tones or maximally crunched fuzz. A three band tone stack allows you to sculpt the fuzz tone into just what you want.
- Left Stomp - This foot switch bypasses or activates the pedal - the Arcane Preamp is wired true bypass, so it won't affect your tone when disengaged - when engaged the blue LED on the left side will be lit
- Right Stomp - This foot switch selects the channel -the indicator for the channel select is under the fuzz channel tone controls- the LED will be lit when fuzz channel is active
- Boost Gain - The leftmost knob controls the gain of the boost channel -this will add a bit of sparkle and clean gain at medium levels - crank it to get soft clipping and lots of volume
- Boost Level - This controls the output of the boost channel, setting ratios of the gain and level will allow more gain and overdrive without too much level -or medium gain and maxed level for a big clean boost
- Fuzz Gain - When the fuzz channel is engaged, it follows the boost channel - this knob takes the output of the boost and adjusts the level going into the fuzz -this channel has a boatload of gain - low to medium levels provide touch sensitive distortion, crank it much past half and it starts to crunch -the fuzz channel can provide killer sounding feedback
- Bass, Mids, Treble - The amp style tone stack is broken into three bands - use it to sculpt your fuzz tone the treble control is very sensitive around the middle with a ton of variation in sound
- Fuzz Level - Since the tone stack is all passive, the stack feeds a final amplifier which puts out a ton of level - use this to level your fuzz tone with the boost tone or to drive your amp's input stage to hell