The WMDevices Aperture is a variable-width bandpass filter with fast and tactile controls. It is capable of simple filtering, self oscillation FM timbres, nasty acidic squelches, and capturing images of UFOs descending from the heavens on a cold winter’s night. The concept is a bandpass that ranges from transparent to gnarly, with precision controls that behave under stress, all while being joyful to wreak havoc with.
*LEDs along the top indicate width and position of the filter
- Frequency: Controls the center frequency of the band
- Width: Controls the width of the band.
- Freq CV: Attenuverter for the CV input for precise control over the Frequency of the filter.
- HP Res: Controls the amount of resonance on the High Pass side of the filter.
- LP Res: Controls the amount of resonance on the
- Low Pass side of the filter.
- Input Level: Attenuates the input level. Unity at 12 o'clock, total gain of 6 dB
- Feedback: Controls the amount of feedback for more self oscillation and squelchy behavior.
- Dry/Wet Mix: You know what this means
- Width CV: Attenuverter for CV control over the width of the filter.
- 1V/ Oct: The aperture’s cutoff frequency will track at 1V/oct. This is the input for that.
- In LVL: Input for CV control over the input level attenuation.
- Freq: CV input for control over the cuttoff frequency.
- Width: CV input for control over the width of the band.
- FDBK: CV input for control over the feedback amount.
- Input: This is where your audio signal you want to filter goes.
- Output: This is where the filtered audio signal comes out.
- HPCV: CV input for independent control over the cutoff frequency on the high pass side of the filter.
- LPCV: CV input for independent control over the cutoff frequency on the low pass side of the filter.
- HP Res: CV input for control over the resonance on the high pass side of the filter.
- LP Res: CV input for control over the resonance on the low pass side of the filter.
- Current: +12 V = 120 mA, -12 V = 100 mA
- Depth: 25mm including power
- Width: 12 HP
- Height: 3U Eurorack
- Input Gain: -90 dB to +6 dB
- Nominal Input: 10V pp
- HPF Cutoff Freq Range: 0.5 Hz to 50 kHz
- LPF Cutoff Freq Range: 0.1 Hz to 25 kHz
- Poles: 8
- Variable bandwidth via tactile and CV controls
- Eight pole filter core
- Independent resonance and self oscillation of both sides of the filter with CV
- Feedback circuit with two modes and CV
- Input level VCA
- Additional CV for opening the band either side of Center
- V/oct tracking
- Temperature compensated
- Dry / Wet mix for parallel filtering sounds