The Weiss SFC2 won the Studio Sound magazine SSAIRA award for the year 2000 in the Converters category!
The main function of the SFC2 will be integrating playback or outboard equipment into an environment that either runs at double- or standard-sampling frequency. To allow this equipment to be positioned anywhere in the processing chain, the SFC2 features two completely independent two-channel sampling frequency converters to simultaneously down- and up-sample a signal. Alternatively, it can also be used to convert the sampling frequency and reduce the wordlength of any two arbitrary audio signals at the same time.
- 24bit single wire high-speed AES/EBU interfaces
- 20 / 16bit wordlength reduction auto-blacking for dither noise
- 40bit floating point / 32bit fixed point processing
- 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96kHz sampling frequencies supported
- Standalone 1hu 19" rackmount chassis