The Vienna Symphonic Library held extensive castings to find 16 singers for the Vienna Symphonic Soprano Choir Standard who could sing the soprano’s whole tonal range, and also harmonically blend in with the group’s overall sound. After several test recordings, the first vocal sessions took place at the Silent Stage.
The most outstanding result of these sessions is the first ever sampled vocal Legato – the Soprano Choir’s Legato Performance Patches render these fluid notes most naturally within the Vienna Instruments player.
The articulations include the vowels “U” (ooh) and “A” (aah) as staccatos, sustains, legato sustains, crescendos and diminuendos, fortepianos and sforzatos. In addition, there are staccatos of the syllables “ra”, “sa”, and “ta”.
Please note that this group of singers is different from the soprano ensemble included in the Vienna Instruments Collection Vienna Choir.
ARTICULATIONS "AA": Staccato notes on "aa", "ra", "sa" and "ta" / Sustained / Strong dynamics, 4 sec / Fortepiano / Sforzato / Legato ARTICULATIONS "UU":Staccato notes on "uu" / Sustained / Strong dynamics, 4 sec / Fortepiano / Sforzato / Legato
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 733.6 MB free hard drive space
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard