Imagine a brilliant guitarist playing absolutely fluid legato solos and awesome power chord grooves on a world-class guitar: You can hear it from various guitar legends – but could you expect that level of performance from a sampled guitar?
Vienna Symphonic Overdrive Standard makes it possible by means of the revolutionary Legato Performances, one of the most intriguing outcomes of Vienna Symphonic Library’s years of sampling experience. Create your own authentic and unique riffs, exploit the limits of technical feasibility, and get a completely real tube sound performance for the first time ever!
OVERDRIVE contains about 6 gigabytes of samples, including Vienna's unique Performance Elements, featuring a seven-string distorted guitar. Along with various short and sustained notes, power chords, slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, picked notes, and more, you get loads of effect samples like octave runs, feedbacks, scratches, and e-bowed notes – for a smooth, fat sound and unbelievably realistic performances! Incidentally, repetitions and sustains start at B0 on the lower end, extending the range of a standard guitar down a 4th!
The state-of-the-art gear used to make Overdrive was hand selected to provide the perfect total distortion sound, including a fantastic 7-string solid-body guitar, and classic amplifiers and cabinets, mic’d and recorded in Vienna’s Silent Stage.
- Steve Vai signature, 7 strings
- Brunetti XL II R-EVO
- Marshall 1960 TV monitors, 4x12
- Ernie Ball 9 – 52 strings
- SHORT + LONG NOTES: Staccato short soft, medium, hard / Sustained with and without vibrato / Sub-bass sustained
- POWER CHORDS: Power chords, 4th and 5th / Power chords, major and minor
- FX: Scratches on E and B string
- PERF INTERVAL: Legato normal and with vibrato / Hammer-ons and pull-offs
- PERF REPETITION: Staccato, normal and muted (2 variations each) / Power chords, 4th and 5th
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 2.5 GB free hard drive space
- for the Standard Library, 2.5 GB for the Full Library
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard