Vienna Symphonic Drums & Toms Full - is a collection of tom and snare drums, the most important and rudimentary of percussion instruments.
The snare drum originates from the military and can be found in practically every type of today’s western music – from marching and wind bands to jazz, rock and pop. The instrument is also known as side drum because in military/marching bands it is placed at the drummer’s left hip and is beaten from the side. The snare drum covers the treble register within the orchestra percussion section, but has no definite pitch. The typical sound results from its batter (top) head in combination with the additional resonance head at the bottom of the shell that is equipped with snare strings.
The slimmer snare drum is called piccolo drum. The field drum (or tenor drum) has a larger shell than the snare drum and like the snare drum it is usually equipped with snare strings.
The bass drum covers the bass register within the orchestra percussion section and plays an essential role in almost all western musical styles. In military music it is played together with the cymbal, in pop, rock and jazz it is played with the bass pedal as part of the drum kit.
Concert toms are suspended tom-toms that are usually set up as batteries of four, six, or eight instruments. They have an open bottom and therefore no resonance head. As opposed to concert toms, roto toms have no drumshell – their heads are fixed on metal hoops that can be turned in order to change their tension and consequently their pitch.
The Taiko drum is a general term for various barrel-shaped drums that have a mythological origin in Japanese folklore.
The tambourine is a frame drum augmented with small metal disks in slots around the frame that is mainly played with the fingers, the palm, the fist or with mallets.
- SNARE DRUM - A: Snare on and off / Performance repetitions dynamics, slow, medium, fast
- SNARE DRUM - B: Snare on and off / Brushes and sticks, various articulations / Performance repetitions, slow and fast
- SNARE DRUM ensemble: Snare on, performance repetitions dynamics, slow and fast / Brushes and timpani mallets, single hits, rolls normal and dynamics
- PICCOLO DRUM: Snare on and off / Single hits, rolls normal and soft
- FIELD DRUM - B: Snare on / Single hits open and muted, rebounds, upbeats, rolls normal and dynamics / Performance repetitions, medium and strong dynamics, slow and fast
- BASS DRUM - A: Soft and hard mallets / Performance repetitions, medium and strong dynamics, slow
- BASS DRUM - B: Single hits, rim, muted, coperto, normal / Upbeats; rolls normal and dynamics / Performance repetitions, strong dynamics, medium and fast
- TAIKO DRUMS: Performance repetitions / Effects single hits, rolls
- CONCERT TOMS: Low and high concert toms / Single hits, performance repetitions, rolls normal and crescendo, upbeats / Performance repetitions, medium and strong dynamics
- ROTO TOMS: Normal and soft mallets / Single hits, rim hits, rolls normal and dynamics, upbeats / Performance repetitions
- TAMBURIN - A: Performance repetitions, medium and strong dynamics, fast and presto
- TAMBURIN - B: Single hits normal and sforzato / Medium and fast upbeats / Shakes and thumb tremolo
- TAMBURIN - C: Single hits normal and sforzato / Medium and fast upbeats / Shakes and thumb tremolo
- TAMBURIN - D: Single hits normal and sforzato / Medium and fast upbeats / Shakes and thumb tremolo
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 2.0 GB free hard drive space for the Standard Library, 2.0 GB for the Full Library
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard