Vienna Symphonic Cymbals Standard is a collection of cymbal samples. Cymbals are available in different sizes with diameters of 16“ to 22“, and take on various forms and sound characteristics, such as ride cymbals, crash cymbals, splash cymbals, China cymbals or sizzle cymbals. A pair of cymbals (cymbals a-due) is sounded by striking one plate against the other, while suspended cymbals are struck with sticks or (felt) mallets. The distinctive, piercing sound of cymbals is easily heard over a full fortissimo-playing orchestra. For this reason cymbals are used very economically for punctuating highlights or accents in the music.
The triangle (in latin: triangulum) is named for its form of an equilateral triangle with an open end on one corner. The instrument is played with a short steel rod, and despite its small size its sound is even more piercing than the cymbals’ and can be easily heard over the full orchestra.
An interesting sonic addition to the cymbals is the waterphone, a unique musical instrument that produces hauntingly ethereal sounds similar to the calls of humpback whales or the eerie sounds produced by the theremin, evoking mystery and suspense.
- PIATTI - A: Single hits, damped fast and slow / Normal and slow hits / Performance repetitions
- PIATTI - series B: 13", 18", 20" and 22" cymbals / Muted and open hits, scrapes
- CYMBAL standard - A: Drumsticks and mallets / Single hits normal and damped / Performance repetitions / Tremolo normal and dynamics
- TRIANGLE: Triangle A / Single notes, performance repetitions, 1–3 upbeats, tremolo normal and dynamics
- WATERPHONE: Single notes, bowed / straight and modulated
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 1.3 GB free hard drive space for the Standard Library, 1.3 GB for the Full Library
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard