The Vienna Concert Guitar Standard is the only one of its kind. This hand-made instrument was specially constructed with an arched back put together from several pieces of wood. Its balanced, homogeneous sound allows it to stand its ground as a solo instrument as well as in accompaniment. Due to its polyphonic nature, the concert guitar presented a special challenge. Specifically, chords only sounded authentic when the chords themselves were sampled! After a three year production cycle for the orchestral sample libraries, the Vienna Symphonic Library team felt ready to take up this challenge, capturing all of the concert guitar’s versatility and its many playing techniques. The samples were “tamed” and made reproducible with the help of Vienna Symphonic Library’s unique Vienna Instruments algorithms.
The Vienna Concert Guitar became a reality through a combination of individual prerequisites: The project’s godfather, Thomas Meitz, in the framework of his concert guitar diploma, spent 1 1/2 years on developing the Library’s structure. Due to his practical background as a recording engineer and chief editing engineer of the Vienna Symphonic Library, he was able to realize his concept optimally and without compromise.
SHORT + LONG NOTES: Staccato normal and Bartók / Sustained and ponticello, without and with vibrato / Harmonics artificial and natural TRILLS & CO: Trills, half and whole tone FX: Scratches combination PERF INTERVAL: Legato normal / Legato sul ponticello / Glissando / Hammer-ons and pull-offs PERF REPETITION: Legato slow / Legato fast, var. 1 / Staccato
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 4.6 GB free hard drive space for the Standard Library, 4.6 GB for the Full Library
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard