The clarinet was integrated into the symphony orchestra during the Viennese Classic period in the second half of the 18th century. Today the instrument is commonly used as a solo instrument as well as in chamber music, concert bands, military bands and marching bands in almost all styles, ranging from classical repertoire to folk music, to klezmer and jazz.
If you have already purchased Vienna's Clarinet in Bb (included in the Woodwinds I Collection) that features the more “classical” playing style, the Vienna Symphonic Clarinet Bb 2 Standard is the perfect addition. Vienna have not only recorded many vibrato articulations but also bends and falls that are triggered as release samples for utmost realism. What’s more, a unique highlight is the extensive set of almost 300 looped “multiphonic sounds”, both with two and multiple voices, opening an entirely new field for creating progressive and experimental soundscapes. These recordings were based on the book “Multiphonics” by Gerhard Krassnitzer and the patch names within the Vienna Instruments / Vienna Instruments PRO player correspond with the respective sound numbers described in this book.
Your purchase of the Clarinet (Bb) 2 entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
- SHORT + LONG NOTES: Staccato / Short portato / Sustained without vibrato / Flutter tonguing, normal and crescendo
- DYNAMICS: pfp without vibrato, 2 and 6 sec / fp and sfz without vibrato
- PERF INTERVAL: Legato without vibrato
- PERF REPETITION: Legato without vibrato / Portato / Staccato
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 7.3 GB free hard drive space
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard