Christian Eisenberger, Katharina Traunfellner, Rubén Dubrovski, Martin Deuring. These four soloists have invested their life’s blood and hard-won experience (from many years of international concert work) into this Vienna Instruments Collection. Sensitive and clear, exact and homogeneous, their performances are technically perfect and utterly convincing in their musicality. Not only are these fine musicians in command of their instruments but, after several years of working for the Vienna Symphonic Library, they also know exactly what is required of them to create ideal samples. Their performances at the Silent Stage come alive again in this Vienna Instrument Collection.
Vienna Instruments Solo Strings I contains articulations such as “zigane”, the leisurely “smeared” portamentos, which are particularly impressive as Interval Performances with the Vienna Instruments player engine’s algorithms. Additional “harsh” articulations are performed with an especially raw, almost brutal attack, and are now available as superbly effective Interval and Repetition Performances. There are also special Performance Trills, repetitions in spiccato and ricochet articulations, sustains with fading vibrato, ponticello, sul tasto, and numerous natural and artificial harmonics.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- 55.7 GB free hard drive space
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.9 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD or fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard