Vienna Instruments PRO 2 will improve your work-flow dramatically. We’ve included a host of features that will not only make your creative process faster and easier, but also add human behavior to your music.
Based on our immensely improved proprietary audio engine, you can customize all presets and volumn contents to your preferred way of creating music. Stack multiple instruments in a single instance of Vienna Instruments PRO 2, play them with polyphonic legato, and breathe even more life into the samples by controlling the performance accuracy of your virtual musicians in real-time, at the touch of a single fader. Super fast loading-times, time stretching, built-in reverb and EQ, and an intuative user interface with basic and advanced views – among so many other cool features – come together to create a powerhouse of orchestral production that will add life to your music in ways you never imagined.
Vienna Instruments PRO now comes with a free Remote App for both iOS (5.1 or later) and Android (4.0 or later) tablet PCs. Use your tablet as a convenient external MIDI controller when recording in your sequencer, sending key switches and controller data for the selected Vienna Instruments PRO instance. Articulation switches and fader movements (such as Master Volume, Velocity Crossfade, Expression, Tuning, etc.) can be controlled and recorded instantly in real-time, and even multiple faders can be moved simultaneously.
IMPORTANT INFO: Requires ViennaKey
- APP Sequencer – The internal Auto-Playback and Pattern Sequencer offers a vast variety of orchestral patterns and voicings. Trigger rhythmic patterns, runs and accompanying arrangements of the whole orchestra at the touch of a single key!
- Enabling/Disabling of Cells – Load huge presets with hundreds of VOLUME CONTENTS in no time, and without taxing your RAM. Specific VOLUME CONTENTS get loaded only when you “enable” their cells with a simple double-click. Disable cells to clear samples from RAM, while keeping all patch settings intact.
- Auto Cell Naming – Easily identify all loaded VOLUME CONTENTS by their cell names.
- Auto Humanization – Assign appropriate performance accuracy settings to all of your loaded VOLUME CONTENTS at once.
- Enveloped Time Stretching – Easily determine which part of an articulation should be manipulated and adjust the speed of a portamento or the attack of a staccato.
- SSD ready – Load 10 times more samples into your RAM, 10 times faster, by reducing the sample preload buffer size when using Solid State Drives.
- Scale Editor – Change the pitch of specific notes of your scales to customize your microtunings.
- Extended Instrument Ranges – Extend the range of each articulation up to two whole tones (both in the high and low register) by simply grabbing the handles on the virtual keyboard.
- Human Performance Control for adjusting the timing and intonation of your virtual musicians.
- Polyphonic legato.
- Super-fast loading times, even after cold starting. Load progress bar. You can even play the sounds while the sample patches are still loading!
- New GUI design: Basic View for an easy overview. Advanced View displays all of the important parameters in the same window.
- Tuning scales: You can even switch scales using controllers while you’re playing, e.g., from just intonation to an Arabic scale, or use your own scales.
- Time stretching – works great on staccatos, runs, crescendos, etc.
- Built-in reverb (algorithmic for low latency).
- New options for switching VOLUME CONTENTS, e.g., sequence map and interval map.
- Slot rack for up to 8 VOLUME CONTENTS per cell with volume slider and power panning for each patch. Stack your own powerful multi-instruments using auto voicing.
- Separate volume control and EQ for each matrix.
- Many options to customize your patches and VOLUME CONTENTS for your personal work-flow.
- New browser with search function.
- Keyboard display with 128 keys, showing all key switches, with adjustable volume zones and instrument ranges for stacked instruments.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Mac OS X 10.6 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
- PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- Mac OS X 10.7 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
- Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible hosts (also works stand-alone)
- RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Featuresfor VI PRO Remote App:
- Real-time wireless touch-pad remote control forVienna Instruments PRO.
- Control your Vienna Instruments PRO instances on multiple computers from one tablet.
- Replaces MIDI slider boxes and complex key-switch setups.
- Elegant screen real estate control, using your tablet’s browser – no download from app stores!
- Embedded MIDI driver in your DAW for synchronized interaction.
- Automatic Activation Mode: Automatically display on your tablet the Vienna Instruments PRO instance that is being performed via MIDI.
- Unleash the power of Vienna Instruments PRO’s internal APP Sequencer with great sequencer control options (available when APP Sequencer is activated in a Vienna Instruments PRO instance).
System Requirements for VI PRO Remote App:
- Vienna Instruments PRO (latest build)
- Apple iPad: iOS 5.1 (or later).
- Other tablets: Android 4.0 (or later) with Chrome or Firefox browser.
- 10" tablets recommended.
The VI PRO Remote App is not available from the iTunes or Android store. Download the latest version of Vienna Instruments Pro 2 from your Vienna user account which contains futher instructions.