The Thunderbolt™ 2 Option Card for the Apollo and Apollo 16 audio interfaces provides blazing fast PCIe audio drivers, greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus Apollo’s standard FireWire connection. Compatible with Intel’s Thunderbolt technology on the latest generation of iMacs, MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs, and Mac minis, the Thunderbolt 2 Option Card offers unrivaled bandwidth and next-generation connectivity for the Apollo interface.*
The user-installable Thunderbolt 2 Option Card includes two Thunderbolt ports, and easily slides into the expansion bay of the Apollo. Bus power is provided to downstream Thunderbolt devices, allowing music producers to connect Thunderbolt peripherals in series with the Apollo interface — including hard drives, processors, and computer displays.
* Compatible with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macs. Thunderbolt connectivity will disable Apollo Interface Firewire ports — they cannot be used simultaneously.
- Enables Thunderbolt connectivity for Apollo DUO and QUAD Audio Interfaces on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Blazing-fast PCIe audio drivers and rock-solid performance
- Provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- 2 Thunderbolt ports supply bus power for convenient daisy-chaining of peripherals
- Easy user installation – tool and instructions included
- Requires Apollo audio interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
- Thunderbolt cable sold separately