Class-Leading 24-bit/192 kHz Sound Quality for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase & More
Apollo builds upon decades of UAs analog design heritage as an extremely well-built, high-resolution audio interface, featuring premium mic preamps and top-end converters for the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Its Core Audio and ASIO* drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more. Moreover, Apollos included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings within individual DAW sessions, even months and years later.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing and Mastering
Apollo differentiates itself from all other interfaces with its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with either DUO Core or QUAD Core processing onboard, this DSP Acceleration allows for recording and mixing through UAD Powered Plug-Ins with as low as sub-2ms latency so that producers can quickly monitor, audition, and print audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.** In this way, Apollos sonic character and tonal options are nearly endless. The onboard UAD processing also frees up host computer CPU for other virtual instrument or mixing duties.
Thunderbolt I/O: The Next Generation of Connectivity
Apollo offers compatibility with Intels new Thunderbolt technology, as found on the newest iMacs, MacBook Pros, and MacBook Airs. Available via a user-installable Thunderbolt I/O Option Card ($499 MAP, sold separately), Thunderbolt provides lower latency, reduced audio buffer size, improved performance, and greater UAD plug-in instances versus FireWire.
- 18 x 24 FireWire/Thunderbolt?-ready audio interface for Mac and PC
- Realtime UAD Processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ optional Powered Plug-Ins
- Class-leading sonic performance via premium mic preamps, top-end converters, and uncompromising analog design
- Front-panel controls for Preamp and Monitor levels, channel selection, mic settings, dual headphone outs, and other commonly used features
- Instant recall of interface and UAD plug-in settings within DAW sessions via Console application and Console Recall plug-in (VST/RTAS/AU)
- 8 analog inputs: 4 digitally controlled analog mic preamps; 8 balanced line inputs; 2 front-panel JFET DIs
- 14 analog outputs: 8 balanced line outs; 2 digitally-controlled analog monitor outs; 2 dedicated stereo headphone outs
- 10 channels of digital I/O: 8 channels of ADAT; 2 channels S/PDIF; Wordclock I/O
- Dual FireWire 800 ports (standard) for host connectivity and daisy chaining
- Thunderbolt I/O Option Card for fast, high-performance connectivity to new Macs and PCs (card sold separately)