Input and output are balanced as well as fully floating. Input and output transformers come with a static screen between the primary and secondary wirings.
The PE 1C is a passive, all-tube EQ, based on the classic Pultec EQP 1A design and featuring a passive EQ section and a high quality op amp. The low end section combines two separate passive EQ filters with slightly different cut/boost frequencies. When the two sections are combined, this results in truly unique EQ curves, often named the “Low End Trick” and very useful for cleaning up low/mid frequencies.
The high frequency and midrange bands really stand out in terms of transparency and clarity, and the PE 1C is broadly regarded as one of the world’s finest passive tube based equalizers.
- Tube based push-pull amplifier
- 4 low frequency boosts: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (0 to +14 dB)
- 4 low frequency attenuations: 20, 30, 60 and 100 Hz (0 to -18 dB)
- 10 high frequency boosts with variable bandwidth: 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 16 kHz
- (0 to +18 dB with sharp bandwidth, 0 to +10 dB with broad bandwidth)
- 3 high frequency attenuations: 5, 10 and 20 kHz (0 to +18 dB)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 40 kHz
- Low noise: < -85 dB @ -10 dB gain
- No insertion loss
- Clickless In/Out switch