The Tube-Tech MP2A is a combined mic preamp/DI, based on a classic TUBE-TECH design, but featuring even higher fidelity and a few new features: An impedance switch to match the input perfectly to all types of microphones, an overload indicator and 2 dB gain steps.
MP2A is the second in the new range of upgraded microphone preamplifier/DI's. ( The modular PM1A was the first.) These new preamps features even higher headroom and fidelity than the earlier TUBE-TECH micpre''s.
Serious listening tests of the MP2A have revealed a sound quality second to none, placing it among a handful of the worlds very best designs.
The MP2A DI continues the TUBE-TECH tradition of extremely good sounding DI's, delivering world class sound for bass and guitar DI recordings. You simply won’t find a better DI than this!
- All tube based featuring push-pull output amplifier
- Frequency Response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- CMRR >60 dB @ 10kHz
- Typical noise figure: 5 dB @ 200 ohm
- Gain from +10 dB to +70 dB in 2 dB increments - DI gain: 0-60dB.
- Microphone input impedance selectable: 600 Ohm/ 1,2 kOhm/2,4 kOhm
- Selectable pad in front of input transformer (-20 dB)
- Selectable +48 V phantom power
- Overload indicator
- Direct Instrument Jack-socket input for various instruments
- DI input impedance > 1 Mohm
- Input transformer is enclosed in a MU-metal can
- Inputs and outputs are transformer balanced and fully floating