The TK Audio BC-501 adds even more functions taken from the BC2-ME mastering compressor, such as additional ratio settings (1.25:1, 6:1), a THD switch that adds more even harmonics to the signal, and three HPF settings from which to choose (80Hz, 150Hz, 220Hz).
All controls are detented for easy, precise recall. A dedicated Wet/Dry knob allows blending between the original and compressed signals, and an external sidechain input (accessible via stereo 1/8" mini TRS jack) is also provided.
All products are individually hand built and tested in Sweden.
- Ratio 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Attack 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- HPF 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz (6dB/oct)
- External sidechain input via a stereo 3.5mm TRS
- THD circuit that adds even harmonics
- Blend control from dry to wet in 21 steps
- Threshold and Make-up in 41 steps
- Power requirement: +110mA / -90mA (total)
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +/-0dB,
- Frequency response: 20Hz-80kHz +0dB/-0.1dB
- THD+N @ 1kHz: less than 0.005%
- Signal to noise ratio: 95dB
- Cross talk: -90dB
- Input impedance: 24kohm
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Max input level: +26dBu
- Max output level: +27dBu