The Thermionic Culture Culture Vulture Super 15 is the most comprehensive Vulture to date. It incorporates all the features found on the 11th Anniversary edition such as the 7 extra distortion functions, but also now features a 2 position Presence switch.
The Drive switch has three positions with a +10dB option sitting squarely between ‘Normal’ and ‘Overdrive’, enabling users to make their sounds ‘a little more crunchy’ with increased brightness. The Function switch now offers further enhancements including special dynamic tunable mid-lift in the P positions and extra drastically-processed harmonics in the SQ positions. The Output Level controls have a -10dB attenuator which can be used in conjunction with Drive+10dB for comparison purposes or just to reduce high levels. The module’s line inputs are balanced while the line plus low level outputs are unbalanced. Five NOS military-grade valves are utilized for long life, low noise and enhanced performance, mirroring The Culture Vulture Mastering Plus. And of course dials now up to 15, and it really does have more gain.
- Even more distortion effects including 3 SQ (“squash”) settings.
- 5 musically tuned sharp dynamic mid lift settings;
- Bias control is more useful than ever before for type of sound and mid lift;
- Extra mid way +10dB setting on Drive switch, before Overdrive (+20dB) ;
- Broad Presence control on + 10 dB position;
- -10dB attenuator enables comparison between the above, or useful to control high levels;
- Extra Output level to easily drive DAWs;
- Transformer balanced line input, unbalanced DI input;
- Unbalanced Hi & Lo outputs for better transparency;
- Line inputs and outputs now on XLRs.;
- Low pass filter to remove unwanted HF overtones;
- Extra low noise. Long life, selected NOS valves, carefully matched for stereo;
- Bypass switches connect Line In direct to Hi output avoiding all electronics;
- Made in England
Comes with balanced outputs.