The Telefunken Active Stereo DI is a new passive direct box design that combines premium quality components with a rugged construction to create a reliable DI with rich, warm tone. Utilizing an OEP/Carnhill transformer made in the UK, mated with a simple “less is best” design approach, Telefunken passive DIs provide superior vibe and character to best complement the natural tone and feel of your instrument.
The high quality audio transformer is just one of the premium design elements in the TD Series direct boxes. The PCBs are all 100% hand-assembled exclusively with through-hole components to provide a much more secure and reliable connection compared to common surface-mount technology. All circuit traces are gold-plated for maximum conductivity over the life of the product. High input impedance prevents the loading down of passive pickups. The frequency response of the circuit is ±2 dB from 10 Hz to 40 kHz, with extremely low distortion and self-noise figures.
The circuit is housed in an extremely durable extruded aluminum enclosure with recessed switches and connectors. This rugged construction is virtually indestructible, able to easily withstand the wear and tear of gigging. Each channel features two heavy duty metal toggle switches to engage a -15 dB pad and ground lift. The stereo unit features two independent DI channels with separate controls, giving you the ability to run two instruments through one footprint on stage or in the studio.
The Telefunken passive DI design is your new go-to reliable, high quality direct box. The simple and elegant design approach yields a harmonically rich low-end with a detailed and open high end that delivers a new standard in reliability and performance for direct boxes.
- OEP/Carnhill transformer, made in the UK
- -15 dB pad switch
- Ground lift switch
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Recessed switches and connectors for protection
- 100% through-hole components
- Amphenol connectors
- WIMA and Nichicon capacitors
- 1% 1/4W metal film resistors
- 1-year warranty
- Type: Passive Direct Box
- Transformer: Custom-Wound OEP/Carnhill Transformer
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 70 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Input Impedance: > 100 kΩ
- Output Impedance: < 100 Ω
- Power Requirements: -0
- Current Draw: -0
- Weight: 578 g (1.27 lb)
- Dimensions: 100 mm L x 100 mm W x 50 mm H
- Maximum Input Level: (for 1% THD) >+18 dBV
- Input Connections : 1/4" Jack (per channel)
- Output Connections: XLR Output, 1/4" Thru (per channel)
- Number of Channels: 2