There's a first for everything
With over a year and half of development and beta testing with top recording engineers, the newly designed Telefunken M60 FET (Field Effect Transistor) small diaphragm microphone is TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik's first non-vacuum tube, FET-based solid-state condenser microphone.
Telefunken quality, through and through
Utilizing a unique proprietary circuit topology, this re-interpretation of the classic FET mic amplifier produces an exceptional transient response and SPL handling capabilities. Carefully selected and tested components are hand-plugged into gold-plated circuit board traces to provide an ultra-clean true Class A discrete amplifier with a frequency response of +/- 2dB from 20Hz to 50kHz.
The output is matched with a custom American-made transformer that offers an especially low self-noise and a typical THD+N of 0.015% or better, making it ideal for critical recording applications.
Designed for ultimate flexibility
Designed to utilize the same interchangeable TK6X capsule systems as the TEC Award-winning ELA M 260 small diaphragm tube microphone, the M60 FET is an excellent tool for both acoustic and percussive sources. The TK60 cardioid, TK61 omnidirectional and the TK62 hypercardioid capsules are offered individually or in complete sets, as well as matched pairs of M60 FET amplifiers and capsule sets for stereo recording capabilities.
- One M60 amplifier paired with a TK60 cardioid polar pattern capsule
- TK60 features a 6-micron gold-sputtered membrane measuring 15mm in diameter, with a surprisingly full low end, and a quick and accurate transient response
- Frequency Response: Flat from 150 Hz to 7 kHz, with a smooth, airy presence peak at 8 kHz
- Ideal for drum overheads, hi-hat and ride cymbals, piano, acoustic guitar and other acoustic instruments
In the Box
- SGMC-5R 5-meter XLR cable with right angle female connector
- M761elastic shock mount
- Foam windscreen
- FC61 zipper carrying case
- Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: TK60
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 20 KHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 8.6 V/PA +/-1db
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: <0.10% 1kHZ at 1Pa
- Maximum SPL: 130db SPL (1%THD)
- Self Noise: <19dB-A
- Size: 5.5" (140mm) length x 13/16" (21mm) diameter
- Weight: 4.2 oz (119g)
- Powering Alternative: Phantom Power
- Supply Current: 48 volts
- Connected Via: XLR-3