Arguably the most beautiful sounding microphone ever produced, the TELEFUNKEN Elekroakustik ELA M 251E has been featured on countless hits and classic recordings over the decades. By virtue of its smooth, yet present and "open" sonic character, the ELA M 251E large diaphragm tube microphone is a true classic with very few rivals.
Today, prime examples of vintage ELA M 250 / 251 [both "E" and "non E"] microphones have become rare and highly sought after jewels, commanding tens of thousands of dollars on the vintage market. TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik's historic recreations of the ELA M 251E exemplify the best qualities of the finest specimens of these legendary beasts, and while more expensive than most modern microphones, they are true to the heritage of their 50+ year old brethren.
The ELA M 251E includes an edge terminated, dual backplate CK12 capsule capable of cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional polar patterns, a New Old Stock 6072a vacuum tube and a Haufe 14:1 ratio output transformer (the same found in the AKG Acoustics GmbH C12). Each reissue is 100% true in every detail to the original [the parts are interchangeable with the 50+ year old originals], and will deliver the same sonically opulent response that made theELA M 251E one of the world's most sought after recording tools.
In the Box: ELA M 251E microphone, M950E power supply, M850E 25' quad-shielded Accusound ACX-7 tube microphone cable, M750 elastic shock mount, FC50 locking flight case and WB50 wooden microphone box.
- Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: CK12
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni and Figure 8
- Sensitivity: 17mV/pa +/- 1 dB
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: <0.2%
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 130 dB
- Non Linear Distortion: Less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne / cm sq
- Self Noise: 9dBA
- Tube Type: GE JAN 6072a
- Power Type: Dedicated American-made power supply with slow-ramping filament voltage
- Size: 8 1/2" (216mm) length x 2" (51mm) diameter
- Weight: 20oz (567g), 34oz (960g) with swivel
- Supply Current: <1mA, <150mA
- Connected Via: Historic stand mount swivel, XLR-3 (M) output
- Supplied Accessories: Locking flight case, power supply, wooden mic box, clasping shock mount, 25' Accusound quad-shielded cable with swivel connector