The large diaphragm vacuum tube-based TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik C12 is a fantastic choice for all types of instruments, lending itself especially well to drum overheads, acoustic guitar and vocals. Its silky smooth top end provides plenty of air without sounding harsh or artificial. Its midrange speaks clearly and articulately, capturing the source with a natural presence. Its low end is tight and focused, perfectly balanced with the rest of the frequency range.
If there were ever a microphone that was the epitome of classic, hi-fidelity sound, it would be the Austrian-designed C12. Original developed by AKG Acoustics in 1953, the C12 is revered for its smooth, airy frequency response. The design of the C12 was unique in its remote capsule polarizing technology. The ability to change the capsule’s polar response variably between cardioid, omnidirectional and figure-8 (and six intermediate patterns between) from the power supply instead of with switches on board the microphone made the C12 the most versatile large diaphragm tube microphone of its time. Considered by many to be the finest sounding microphone ever produced, original C12 microphones are still in use in recording studios throughout the world.
TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik is proud to manufacture the C12 once again. Each microphone features a newly manufactured CK12 capsule built from the original manufacturer’s specifications. The amplifier circuit utilizes a European-made Haufe (manufacturer of the original) output transformer built to match the original, and a microphone grade NOS GE JAN 6072a vacuum tube. Every part of the C12 microphone has been reverse engineered and recreated exactly to the original to match not only its sonic integrity, but also to preserve the impressive point-to-point construction and aesthetic of the original. Coveted by an extensive list of professional recording engineers, the TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik C12 historic reissue is an exceptional microphone that will be a treasured addition to your microphone collection for many decades to come.
Each C12 microphone comes complete with M910 power supply, M810 25’ quad-shielded ACX-7 tube microphone cable, M710 elastic shock mount, FC10 locking flight case and WB10 wooden microphone box. All TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik microphones are hand-built and assembled in Connecticut, USA.
- Type: Condenser pressure gradient
- Capsule: CK12
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni, carioid and figure 8 with 6 intermediate stages
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/pa +/- 1 dB
- THD at 1kHz at 1Pa: <2.5%
- Output Impedance: <250 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 130dB
- Non Linear Distortion: less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne / cm sq
- Self Noise: 9dBA
- Tube Type: GE JAN 6072a
- Power Type: Dedicated power supply with external pattern selector
- Size: 10" (254mm) length x 1 5/8" (41.3mm) diameter
- Weight: 20oz (567g)
- Supply Current: <1ma, <150mA
- Connected Via: Historic stand mount swivel, XLR-3 (M) output
- Supplied Accessories: Locking flight case, power supply, wooden mic box, clasping shock mount, 25' Accusound quad-shielded cable with swivel connector