- Switchable mic/line input
- Phantom power
- Gain control
- 1/8” headphone output
- XLR mic input
- High-impedence guitar input
- Mic input powered by two AA batteries
- Non-powered guitar input
Unlike similar recording interfaces for iOS, the input of the TASCAM iXZ can be switched between microphone-level or guitar level in. When switched to guitar level, the iXZ doesn't require any power. That makes the iXZ ideal for practicing your guitar and bass as well as recording.
Switch to Microphone level to enable the microphone preamp. Phantom power is available for powering a condenser microphone for detailed instrument or voice recording. A pair of AA batteries (included) provide hours of microphone recording.
A hardware gain knob controls the level of the input to your recording app. This gives you a quicker way to adjust the level than software controls – if your app even has one.
Headphone out/thru jack
Since the iXZ simply plugs into the headset jack of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, an 1/8" headphone output jack is provided on the back of the iXZ.
- Guitar Practice – Play in headphones with a metronome and effects using your favorite app
- Songwriting – Use an app like TASCAM Portastudio to build up a song before presenting it to the band
- Rehearsal Recording – Plug in a mic to capture band practice
- Sound Effects Gathering – Record sounds in the outside world, then drop them into your productions
Input Level -42dBu～ +2dBu
Maximum Input Level +2dBu
Input Impedance 2.4kΩ
Connector 1/4" (6.3mm) phone jack
Nominal Input Level -21dBV
Maximum Input Level -10dBV
Input Impendance 470kΩ
Connector 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack
CONNECTION PLUG FOR
Connector 3.5mm 4 Pole Plug, 150mm
Power Requirements 2 AA batteries (when using microphone input)
Power Consumption 0.33W (Phantom Power 5.0mA)
Battery Life Approximately 15 hours (Phantom Power 5.0mA)
External Dimensions (WxHxD) 4.17" x 1.57" x 1.77" (106x40x45mm)
Weight 3.7 ounces (87g)