The Suhr Shiba Drive is a smooth sounding overdrive pedal that provides players with a wide variety of fat rhythm and warm lead tones. Shiba Drive is very popular among players seeking an overdrive pedal that can be used in conjunction with both their amplifier’s clean and overdrive channels. Shiba Drive also has a pronounced midrange character that ensures your tone cuts through the mix.
- Drive: Controls the amount of Drive from the circuit. This will take you from a bluesy crunch to a sustained, compressed overdrive.
- Level: Controls the output level of the pedal. Shiba provides enough level to push the front end of any tube amp into natural clipping, or adds sustain to an already overdriven amp.
- Tone: Shapes the the overall tonal response of the pedal - from warm and smooth to bright and cutting.
- Smooth Switch: (Three Position) Left: Activates as a mild high-end roll off. Effective for warming up guitars with single-coil pickups. Middle: Voiced to produce a natural, open sounding overdrive. Right: A more pronounced high-end roll off. Excellent for chunky rhythms and violin-like lead tones. Note: The modes have less effect at lower gain and tone settings.
- FX Link: The FX Link connector allows the pedal's switching function to be controlled from an external switch, pedal board, loop switcher, or any other custom interface. FX Link also provides the ability to power up in the On/Off state.
- Battery Monitor: The internal 9V battery is monitored at both power up and during use. The user will be alerted when the battery voltage becomes low. When the battery becomes too low to reliably operate the pedal, True Bypass is activated.
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 600 ohm
- Power Connector: 9Vdc, center negative, 2.1mm x 5.5mm
- Operating Voltage: 4V to 18V (nominal 9V)
- Maximum Voltage: 20Vdc
- Reverse Voltage Protection: yes
- Over Voltage Protection: yes
- Current Consumption: 8mA
- Estimated Battery Life: 75 – 100 hours continuous use
- Dimensions: 2.50" Width x 4.50" Depth x 1.25" Height
- Weight: 0.75 pound
- FxLink Connector: 1/8" stereo
- FxLink max Voltage: 3.3Vdc
- Shield -> Tip: Activate on/off
- Shield -> Ring: N/A
- ROHS Compliant: Yes
- Agency Approvals: N/A