The Suhr Corso is an all-tube no compromise variable wattage amplifier (up to 5 watts) that provides players with all the tone and character of a high powered amplifier in a compact, portable form factor - perfect for any recording studio application or bedroom practice session.
Corso is packed with a number of features which give players incredible flexibility for carving out their ideal sound. With the on-board attenuator, Corso can be easily transformed from the most complex and detailed clean tones, to a wall of harmonically rich overdriven lead tones at any volume.
Equipped with unique a Line Out (post power section), the Corso is ready for the studio. The Corso’s Line Out offers the sound of the entire amplifier, not just the pre-amp section, so you can fully experience all of the Corso’s tone when you plug directly into your digital recording I/O interface for your next session. Should inspiration strike in the middle of the night, just turn the attenuator control fully counterclockwise and play without disturbing the neighbors, or your family.
Like to use pedals? The Corso was designed with a unique low-gain input stage to accommodate a variety of your favorite boost, overdrive and time based pedals.
- Power attenuator allows you to adjust the overall volume without having compromise to your tone
- Perfect amount of control to carve any tone for any recording or practice situation
- Designed to be versatile for any player
- Handcrafted beautiful 7-Ply multi-wood headshell with precision laser cut integrated 1-piece front panel and logo
Engaging this switch boosts the upper mid frequencies, which adds clarity and definition to your tone which is useful for a variety of percussive playing styles such as Funk, Rock, and R&B.
Engaging this switch boosts the lower mid frequencies, which thickens up your overdriven rhythm and lead tones.
Engaging this switch adds 12dB of gain, which increases sustain and emphasizes upper harmonics for singing solos and percussive Alternative style rhythm playing.
Engaging this switch boosts the midrange frequencies, which gives your tone better definition and a clarity, without sounding harsh or fatiguing.
Engaging this switch boosts the bottom-end, adding low-end thump and body to any style, from clean to heavily distorted. This switch can also be used to compensate for a loss of low-end/body when playing Corso at lower volumes.
Drive Control Knob
Adjusts the amount of pre-amp overdrive added to your signal. Use the Drive control in conjunction with the Gain switch to experience the wide range of tones that Corso has to offer.
- Clean: settings between 1-2 offer a variety of full bodied clean tones with excellent clarity
- Classic Crunch: settings between 3-4 (with gain switch in the on position) offer a variety of British crunch rhythm tones with excellent midrange cut and articulation
- High Gain: settings between 5-7 (with gain switch in the on position) offer a dramatic increase in gain with extended low-end thump without loss of definition - taking you from Hard Rock to 80’s Heavy Metal
- Metal/Alternative (Alt) Tuning: settings between 8 and higher (with gain switch in the on position) offer increased saturation, harmonics (for additional sustain) and low end emphasis when playing drop and alt tuning styles
Treble Control Knob
Turning the control clockwise emphasizes the upper frequencies. While turning the control counter clockwise produces a warmer sound, which is excellent for dialing in smoother fluid-like lead tones, and is also well suited for Jazz styles.
Bass Control Knob
Turning the control clockwise increases the lower frequencies, providing a fuller low-end response. While turning the control counter clockwise reduces the bass, which tightens up the bottom-end. This can be very useful when playing at louder volumes, and at higher gain settings.
Power Control Knob
A volume control that adjusts the overall output of your signal. Fully counter-clockwise (0) the Power control acts as a Load, allowing you to take complete advantage of Corso’s Line Out without having to be connected to a speaker cabinet.
NOTE: The Power control only affects Corso’s speaker outputs, this does not alter/change the output level of the Line Out.
2 - 8Ω outputs wired in parallel
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to your amplifier, do not operate without turning down Corso’s Power control to it’s minimum setting (0) or connecting it to a suitable speaker load.
Unbalanced ¼” Output. Use this to connect the Corso to a mixer or recording device.
NOTE: The Corso’s Line Out is full range (not compensated) and offers the sound of the entire amplifier, not just the pre-amp section. To fully experience all of the Corso’s tone when plugging directly into a I/O device we advise the use of filtering (cabinet emulator) or impulse responses when using the Corso to record direct.
The Suhr Corso 5-Watt Recording Amplifier - Heavyweight tone in a featherweight package!