The Studio Electronics QUADNIC reps. the 2nd collobaration with SpaceHardware—a deeply featured 12hp module with four digital oscillators—each with a selection of 64 waveforms, 7 different processing modes including phase distortion and wave sequencing, and a dedicated volt per octave input. In unison mode, all 4 OSCs can be played via the 1st 1V/O CV input and widely detuned, or switched to a preset chord formation—a major move beyond the 'one note samba' monophonic, module choreography we all know and mainly love, but... scooch over Grainy, Quadnic is cookin' up digi-vittles for four. "Come 'n' git it!"
- With MASTER mode switched on, the oscillator responds to it's own CV input.
- Oscillators 2 to 4: If Master LED is not lit, the oscillator responds to CV 1, with the pitch control adding +/-1 octave offset.
- Oscillator 1 always responds to CV input; the other oscillators follow CV 1 if they are not set to Master.
- When all 4 oscillator switches/lights are selected, the Quadnic is in unison mode and all oscillators follow CV 1; the front panel control affects all 4 oscillators.
- To get all oscillators to same pitch, adjust the Pitch and Fine controls.
- To get all oscillators to play the same sound (they are quite independent), adjust all controls.
- All 4 OSC lights on, with Master selected: unison and Chord can detune massively up to 4 octaves.
- All 4 OSC lights on, with master not selected: unison and Chord produce chords.
Inputs and Outputs
- 1V/OCT 1 - Oscillator 1, 1 Volt per octave input. 0-10V input range. Controls the pitch of any other oscillator that is set to Slave mode.
- 1V/OCT 2 - Oscillator 2, 1 Volt per octave input. 0-10V input range. Only affects oscillator 2 when in Master mode.
- 1V/OCT 3 - Oscillator 3, 1 Volt per octave input. 0-10V input range. Only affects oscillator 3 when in Master mode.
- 1V/OCT 4 - Oscillator 4, 1 Volt per octave input. 0-10V input range. Only affects oscillator 4 when in Master mode.
- Proc CV - Process CV input. +/-5V input range. One CV input for all oscillators, but can be attenuated for individual oscillators using the Process CV control.
- Out 1 - Oscillator 1 output.
- Out 2 - Oscillator 2 output.
- Out 3 - Oscillator 3 output.
- Out 4 - Oscillator 4 output.
Power Usage - 50mA max