Driven by rapid fire hardware envelope snap, and near Modular sound flexibility (at the flip of any of its 20 toggle switches), the Studio Electronics Boomstar® SE80 Desktop synth is a performer and sound designer's waking dream. The Boomstar foundation: two Oscillators—stackable waveforms with Sub OSC, two Envelopes—invertible, loopable, with drone and master modes, is accented expressively by hardware XMod and exponential glide, extensive modulation routing.
A flexible software LFO: jacked for heavy lifting and fine-tuned experimentation—even go "off synth" with the external input and color exotic oscillations.nThe synth is capable of many sounds, from mighty leads to thick basses, crazy FM sounds to cutting sync sounds.
Get the sweet and penetrating sound of the classic Yamaha CS-80 lowpass filter with the Studio Electronics Boomstar SE80 analog synthesizer module. If you've always wanted to get your hands on a classic analog synth, but could never justify either the expense or the potential frustration of making that happen, then you're going love the vibe and style of the Boomstar SE80. This totally analog synth features a pair of super-flexible oscillators, tons of routing and modulation options, and a classic CS-80-style lowpass filter. And thanks to its extensive MIDI and CV capabilities, it's easy to add a Studio Electronics Boomstar SE80 to your keyboard rig.
- An old-school all-analog synthesizer module built for modern artists and composers
- All discrete circuity features hand-matched transistors in the filter and amp
- 31 pots, 2 rotary switches, and 18 toggle switches let you shape your tone dynamically
- Dual oscillators, multiple modulation sources, and powerful mixing capability provide enough hands-on controls to satisfy the most diehard synth nut
- Outfitted with a classic Yamaha CS-80-style 24dB/octave lowpass filter
- All-metal chassis and top-quality components mounted in a through-hole circuit board provides a lifetime of quality performance
- Control voltage, gate, and external input connectivity provide compatibility with other analog synths
- MIDI I/O with learn mode makes connecting to the rest of your gear easy
- MIDI overflow function lets you daisy chain multiple Boomstar models together for a polyphonic arrangement
back: power inlet (6 pin DIN), MIDI In and Out (5-pin DIN), Audio output (6.35mm = 1/4" socket) front: frequency CV input, gate input, fliter cutoff CV input, VCA CV input, oscillator output, external audio input (all 3.5mm sockets)
Dimensions: 22,2cm wide; 18,6cm deep; 10,6cm high weight: 2,3kg (synth only, without power supply and box)
Studio Electronicnic's Boomstar systems include: patchable, discrete, through-hole, hand-matched transistor, American-made analog synthesizers are as rugged as they are flexible; inspiring instruments built to last a lifetime, and then some, no matter which brilliant, hand-crafted filter model you choose.