The STG .COM module contains comparator and divider circuits, suited for audio signals. They generate square waves out any audio signal and create four types of sub-octaves, PWM is possible as well.
The input signal is being passed thru a comparator that creates square waves. Depending on the position of the threshold control and the according threshold CV the pulse width of the signal changes and we get a pulse width modulation. A number of different sub-octaves is generated from the input as well. Following outputs are available:
- output 1: direct comparator output. 50% pulse width
- output 2: one octave below input, 50% pulse width
- output 3: direct comparator output. 1%-49% pulse width
- output 4: two octaves below input, 50% pulse width
- output 5: one octave below input, 25% pulse width