Solid State Logic’s XL-Desk is a new take on vintage analog studio consoles, which simplifies workflow and is incredibly easy to use. If you’ve always wanted to use an analog console in a DAW based studio, but didn’t feel the need for integrated control or level automation, Solid State Logic has built the perfect console for you.
The SSL XL-Desk returns consoles to their former non-automated glory of yesteryear, but comes packed some of the best audio features of today. The console features 20 channel strips and four stereo channels, with the first eight being compromised of SSL’s signature Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) mic pres. Using a 100% analog signal path, these channels can offer a wide range of sounds from glowing warmth to grungey distortion.
When it comes to creating unique sounds, the Solid State Logic XL-Desk goes one step beyond by incorporating 500 Series technology in a different way. By creating an in-console 18-slot 500 Series rack (accepts both single and doublewide modules), Solid State Logic has made it extremely easier to bring new sonic characteristics to your sound. In addition, the 500 rack is built with a different power supply than the console, allowing it to be run completely separate from the rest of the desk.
One of the defining elements of any Solid State Logic desk is its delivery of clarity, punch and separation with every recording. Giving users the ability to create dynamic mixes with their signature Mix Bus, the XL Desk features four mix busses, which can all be summed into the console’s Master Bus, Mix A. The other three mix bus, Mix B, C and D, can be independently controlled of the main bus.
Another essential part of any studio experience is the monitoring system, and the XL Desk is packed with a beautiful Superanalog monitoring section. With three sets of stereo connects, a sub connection, impressive bass management and in-studio mic monitoring, you’ll always be able to know exactly what sounds you are getting with the greatest of ease.
While many sound and mix engineers love having a fully-integrated system at their disposal, Solid State Logic’s XL Desk dumbs down the former for those who just want something simple. Based on the classic analog console, but packed with sonic innovations from Solid State Logic, this console truly is the best of both sides of the recording industry.
*Please Note: This product comes unloaded. If you purchase the SSL XL-Desk - Unloaded, no modules will be included. Product images are of the Loaded version.
- 20 + 1 fader, over 40 input SuperAnalogue™ SSL console
- 8-built in Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) preamps
- 16 dual input mono channels (switchable between main input or DAW return)
- 4 stereo channels (switchable to mono for tracking)
- The legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, with new high-pass filter sidechain
- 18-slot 500 Series rack built-in that accepts both single and doublewide modules, accessible from channels or mix busses
- In addition to a 500-series rack insert each mono channel also has a standard insert point
- 4 stereo Mix Buses with their own insert points and access to the 500 rack
- One stereo and 2 mono aux sends. Two dedicated stereo return inputs
- Direct outputs on every channel, stereo return and mix bus for stem printing
- Fully-featured monitoring section with bass management
- Foldback A and B with individual talkbacks for headphone mixes
- Built in Listen Mic input + classic compressor circuit, with its own direct output
- AFL and Solo-In-Place solo modes, with Solo Clear and Solo Safe (Protect) modes
- Balanced D-Sub rear panel inputs/outputs & Front panel headphones & iJack sockets
- High quality internal PSU
We have many financing options to choose from. Contact us today and let us help you own this amazing console!
* Monthly payment shown above is an estimate for an unloaded unit. Please contact us for more information.
We've been buying, selling and restoring the world’s best consoles since 1993
Shopping for a recording console can be an intimidating process. You can spend countless hours online searching for answers only to end up with more questions than when you started. That's why we’ve created our one-of-a-kind shopping experience to help you purchase the console that is exactly right for you and your studio.
Finding the perfect console means being connected, and for over 20 years, we’ve been one of the biggest players in the worldwide audio marketplace. We’ve helped thousands of customers complete the console buying process, while also helping to facilitate brokered sales, gear trade-ins and purchasing classic desks for refurbishment.
Each of our premium serviced consoles has passed through a rigorous multi-point inspection and meticulous testing to ensure the result is a world-class restoration. Upon completion, your console will be expertly crated and shipped to your studio, where our highly skilled technical experts can lead a worry-free integration.
No matter whether you’re interested in a vintage piece or the latest releases, our team of experts can answer even the toughest questions. From servicing and shipping consoles to creating custom furniture, patch bays and turnkey packages, we’ve been involved in every aspect of the industry. We work tirelessly to provide the best selection, service and support anywhere to help our customers find the console of their dreams. Want to see what we can do for you? Talk to one of our console experts by calling 888.653.1184 or you can email us.