The Sputnik Quad Function and Trigger Source provides four independent or paired (quadrature mode) CV function generators for creating complex envelopes. Each generator can be triggered by an external pulse, a sustained gate (for ASR response), and is also able to self-cycle (for looping AD/AR or LFO-like shapes). Attack and decay times are controllable via CV or control knobs and each stage ranges in length from 0.05 to 10 seconds.
Each section has a CV output and an end-of-cycle pulse output. Each pair of channels (1+2, 3+4) also features an output jack for an OR logic gate that allows for complex envelope combinations with the help of a control knob. Finally, quadrature mode allows each channel pair to be synchronized 90° out of phase with the duty cycle of its pair (i.e. channel 2 will begin its cycle when channel 1 starts its attack phase).
Two slide switches (A/B and C/D) on a back on a module give a possibility to select the maximum envelope voltage level 0-5V or 0-8V.
Attack and Decay
- 4 generators
- The time range of each generator (.005 – 10 seconds) can be controlled via CV pulse input jacks for both attack and decay + control knobs
- 3-mode switch per generator: CYCLE (LFO), TRANSIENT, SUSTAINED
- Each generator includes CV output + pulse output that generates a transient pulse at the end of the decay segment: if the generator is in CYCLE mode for instance, that cycle will repeat
- QUADRATURE MODE SWITCH with green LED: when engaged, 1+2 (or 3+4) work in tandem + a shift of 90 degrees to each other. These pairs can then be linked creating complex ADSR envelopes.
- Dedicated outputs for 1+2 and 3+4 as well as attenuator knobs for mixing channels.
- 28hp +12V/-12V/+5V