The Sputnik Modular Oscillator is a voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) with a dynamic linear frequency modulation (FM) input and a unique variable waveform section. Wave shape outputs include sine, triangle, sub-octave pulse (2 octaves below the primary frequency), and variable waveshape. The waveshape out is a crossfader between a sine wave and either square or ramp wave via control voltage (0V to +5V) or a front panel knob. Both the waveshape section’s square and ramp have a distinctive harmonic character different from most VCOs.
The Oscillator’s FM section has an input for linear FM. The FM section’s range and control knob allows a spectrum of responses from subtle pitch modulation to complete chaos.
- Frequency + Fine Tune controls
- CV input with attenuverter knob
- 1v/oct input
- FM input with attenuator knob
- 4 outputs:
- Waveshape – crossfade between sine and square or saw, selectable by a switch and can also be voltage controlled
- Sub – square wave 2 octaves down to original pitch
- 14hp +12V/-12V