Originally designed by the same team that designed the SSL E series consoles, the Sony Oxford OXF-R3 console is highly regarded as one of the best sounding consoles ever made. The Sony Oxford Dynamics plug-in was designed by the same team of sonically obsessed perfectionists. The Oxford Dynamics plu-ins are based on the same processing used in the Sony OXF-R3. There are three compressor models including linear, normal, and classic styles of compression.
The Dynamics section comprises of four separate applications, Compressor, Limiter, Gate and Expander. Although these applications contain several control types that have common functions, the operation, ranges and laws of these controls have been optimised carefully for maximum flexibility within the intended specific use of that section. The very wide control ranges offered within the applications are accommodated in the GUI using specific control laws that encourage experimentation over a very wide parameter set without the loss of finer control sensitivity and detail. Careful consideration has also been given to the dynamic behaviour of the time constants, as this factor is largely responsible for the sonic character of the dynamics application.
Sony Oxford Dynamics Features:
- Channel cynamics with separately controlled sections for compressor, limiter, gate and expander
- Channel dynamics includes fully featured -two-band side chain EQ which can also be used in signal path
- Separate bus compressor/limiter with surround multi-format support and selectable Sub channel filtering and gain contribution control
- Selectable linear and exponential time constant curves
- Highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing
- Fully variable soft ratio function for extreme programme tolerance and highly musical compression
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and 'punch'
- Selectable re-dithering function for word length reduction in mastering situations
- Extremely low signal path noise and distortion, below -130dBr
- All functions are fully automated
- Surround bus compressor/limiter functionality