With thousands of xMac mini Servers in daily use around the world, Sonnet has received great feedback from users, and we have updated this product with the features most important to them. The Sonnet xMac mini Server combines the best qualities of previous models and adds new features to make it the most capable model yet. The xMac mini server is now equipped with Thunderbolt 2 technology, making it fully compatible with the new Late 2014 Mac mini with dual Thunderbolt 2 ports. The xMac mini Server supports one full-height, full-length card, plus one full-height, half-length card. If you need to install a PCIe card that includes a daughter card, like the ones included with RME’s HDSPe MADI FX card, Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink 4K Extreme, and the Lynx AES16e-50, the supplied mounting bracket allows you to securely mount the daughter card inside the chassis next to the main card, leaving the second PCIe slot open for another PCIe card. The rear panel includes mounting holes for two BNC connectors used for HD/SDI output from cards like the RED ROCKET, or for MADI and word clock input and output from cards like the HDSPe MADI FX. A larger power supply plus an added auxiliary power connector enables this xMac mini server to support even more cards than before.
- Adds Connectivity and Capabilities to Mac mini—Connects two PCIe 2.0 slots via Thunderbolt technology to the Mac mini, supports high-performance expansion cards
- Server Room Ready—1U rackmount enclosure with user-replaceable power supply and fans, built-in cable management features
- Diverse PCIe Card Support—Supports Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, pro video capture and playout, SAS/SATA RAID controllers, pro audio, and other PCIe cards
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with Mac mini with Thunderbolt 2 technology; backward compatible with Mac mini and other devices equipped with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technoogy
- Upgradeable—When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt interface card
- Supports Thunderbolt Expansion—Enables daisy chain connection of additional Thunderbolt technology devices through second Thunderbolt port
- Front Panel Operation—Front panel power button activates power switch on Mac mini; USB 3.0 port enables connection of keyboard, mouse, thumb drive, etc.
- Power for High Performance PCIe Cards—Integrated 150W power supply provides plenty of power for any cards you install; auxiliary PCIe power connector enables use of power hungry cards such as the Avid Pro Tools|HDX or the RED ROCKET
- Rear Panel Connectivity—Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI and two USB 3.0 ports are mounted at the rear of the chassis for easy connectivity
- Energy Efficient—Variable-speed fans automatically adjust to the unique needs of each configuration, and the auto power on/off feature ensures there is no energy wasted with cards powered on when the Mac mini is sleeping or off