With the introduction of new, thinner, lighter computers, manufacturers continue to remove ports that were once standard, including the RJ-45 connector for Ethernet, the standard wired networking interface. For many users, this leaves a connectivity gap. Connecting to a network via WiFi isn’t always desirable or practical, and may not be an option where only a wired network connection is available. The Sonnet USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter instantly bridges the gap left by the missing onboard port, plugging in between your computer’s Thunderbolt port and the RJ-45 network connection, and enabling file access and sharing at up to 1 Gb/s.
This Sonnet adapter supports 1000/100/10BaseT auto-negotiation and full/half duplex communication, enabling it to easily connect with most networks at the highest performance transmission mode supported. It also supports jumbo packet transfers (9000 byte packets compared to 1500 byte standard packets) to provide higher performance and reduced overhead when transferring large files. Handy LEDs indicate network activity and link speeds at a glance.
- Adds Two High-Throughput Interfaces With One Adapter—Connects one 5.0 Gb/s USB 3.0 port and one Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) port to computers with Thunderbolt ports
- 10Gbps Thunderbolt interface—Enables fast data transfers between drives and computer
- Built-in Thunderbolt Cable—Flexible 5-inch (125 mm) Thunderbolt cable connects directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt daisy chain
- Supports Multi-Drive Enclosures—USB port support drive enclosures with hardware RAID controllers
- Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Adds RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet—Simple way to add RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to any compatible computer
- 1000/100/10Base-T Auto Negotiation—Configures to highest performance transmission mode supported
- Supports Jumbo Packet Transfers—Transfer large amount of data with less effort
- Bus-powered Operation—No AC power adapter required