Do you need to connect high-speed USB 3.0 and eSATA devices to your computer? The Sonnet USB 3.0+eSATA Thunderbolt Adapter provides you a simple, economical way to simultaneously connect one USB 3.0 device plus one eSATA drive or card reader to any Mac® with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port, or Windows® computer with Thunderbolt 2 ports. Featuring 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology, this compact adapter connects directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with its built-in Thunderbolt cable to enable fast data transfers between your drives and computer.
Most drives available today include USB 3.0 interfaces. Although you can connect them to the USB 2.0 ports on your computer, their performance would be reduced by as much as 85 percent! This useful adapter offers native USB 3.0 support to ensure great performance from the fast drives you connect, enabling data transfers at up to 350 MB/s. The USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) support, ensuring that UASP-enabled external drives connected to the adapter achieve their maximum data transfer rate potential, with performance improved by up to 20% above the drive connected to a USB host without UASP support. Need to connect more than one drive? The adapter works with multi-drive enclosures with hardware raid controllers, too. This adapter also supports hubs and other USB 3.0 devices, and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices. If your computer already has USB 3.0 onboard, this adapter provides another handy port.
- Adds Two High-Throughput Interfaces With One Adapter—Connects one 5.0 Gb/s USB 3.0 port and one 6Gb/s eSATA port to computers with Thunderbolt ports
- 10 Gbps Thunderbolt interface—Enables fast data transfers between drives and computer
- Built-in Thunderbolt Cable—Flexible 5-inch (125 mm) Thunderbolt cable connects directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt daisy chain
- Supports Multi-Drive Enclosures—eSATA port supports drive enclosures with port multipliers; eSATA port and USB port support drive enclosures with hardware RAID controllers
- Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Boot Support Over eSATA—Supports booting under OS X from drives connected via eSATA
- Bus-powered Operation—No AC power adapter required