The Sonnet RackMac Pro Mounting Enclosure makes Mac Pro rack integration simple. Occupying just 4U of rack space, the RackMac Pro rackmount solution features a modular design that enables you to mount the outer enclosure by itself into a rack, and install or work with one computer at a time. Each Mac Pro is mounted in its own Computer Mounting Module that easily slides in and out of the enclosure. The RackMac Pro is available with either one or two computer mounting modules preinstalled. With two Computer Mounting Modules preinstalled, you can install two Mac Pros right away. With one preinstalled module, you can install one computer now, and install a second one later with the purchase an additional computer mounting module.
Constructed of heavy-duty steel to protect the computers, the RackMac Pro mounts the computers horizontally following Apple’s usage guidelines, enabling unrestricted airflow through the Mac Pros to keep them cool, even when the RackMac is installed between other equipment in a loaded rack. A front panel power switch and USB 3.0 port for each computer enables you to turn the computers on and off, and connect a peripheral to each without having to access the back of the computer. Panel-mount cables (HDMI, two Gigabit Ethernet, three USB 3.0, and power) connect the ports on the back of each Mac Pro to ports on the back each Computer Mounting Module for convenient external connection. Because panel-mount connectors for Thunderbolt cables do not exist, each Computer Mounting Module provides proper cable management tie-downs for securing all Thunderbolt cables that are connected to each Mac Pro. The RackMac Pro's open-back design allows access to the computers' Thunderbolt ports. The RackMac Pro even provides specialty adapter mounting support, enabling you to secure Sonnet's Twin 10G 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 2 adapter next to each Mac Pro using the optional Twin 10G Mounting Kit.
The RackMac Pro’s padded Computer Mounting Module hold your Mac Pro firmly in place without marring the mirror finish, even during transport, making this rackmount solution perfect for use in transportable rack applications. Installed in the server room, the RackMac Pro’s included rackmount extension rails allow easy and secure mounting in racks from 16 to 26 inches deep. Wherever it is deployed, a RackMac Pro holds your Mac Pros in style.
- Secure Rackmount Enclosure—For one or two Mac Pro computers
- Wide Compatibility—4U height, shallow mounting depth, standard mounting holes, and rackmount extension rails enable easy installation into any standard equipment rack
- Front Panel Operation—Front panel buttons enable operation of the computers’ power switches
- Front Panel USB 3.0 Ports—Support connection of a USB peripheral (keyboard, flash drive, etc.) to each computer
- Rear Panel Connectivity—Panel-mount HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and power cables connect the Mac Pros’ ports to ports on the back of the RackMac Pro for convenient external cable connection
- Makes Your Mac Pro Road Ready—Strong, secure padded Computer Mounting Modules envelop the Mac Pros to protect their finish, hold them firmly in place, and make them road-ready, perfect for portable rack installations
- Supports Twin 10G Mounting—Provides mounting support for Twin 10G Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 2 Adapter next to each Mac Pro using the optional Twin 10G Mounting Kit
- Configure As Needed—Available with one or two pre-installed Computer Mounting Modules; additional computer mounting module available separately