The Sonnet Echo Express SE II enables you to connect two high-performance, professional pro video capture and processing, digital audio interface, DSP accelerator, FireWire, RAID controller, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, eSATA, and other PCIe cards to any Mac® with a Thunderbolt port. Accommodating cards up to 7.75" long, this compact Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe card expansion chassis supports nearly every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card on the market, including double-width (PCIe card + daughter card) cards. Measuring just 6.5" wide by 4.6" tall by 11" long, the Echo Express SE II takes up little space wherever you work, be it in the studio, on location, at your desk, or in the edit suite. Like all Echo Express chassis, the SE II has two Thunderbolt ports that support daisy chaining of up to six devices to a single port on your computer.
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion—Use high-performance PCIe card with Thunderbolt-equipped computers
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface—Maximum performance with computers with 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 technology, backward compatible with 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology
- Upgradeable—When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology with a replacement Thunderbolt interface card
- Two PCIe Slots—Support two half-length+ (up to 7.75" long), full-height, single-width cards (plus one daughter card)
- Two Thunderbolt Ports—Daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer
- Temperature-Controlled, Fan—Automatically operates slowly and quietly with cooler cards, provides better cooling for hot cards
- Energy Saver Mode—Powers on/off automatically with the computer
- Sufficient Power—80W power supply handles any combination of cards
- Aluminum Housing—Portable protection for any environment
- AVID Qualified for Media Composer/Symphony
- New Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes Thunderbolt cable and ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports
- 12V power
- One x16 mechanical (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0(5)
- One x8 mechanical (x4 electrical) PCIe 2.0
- PCIe Cards Supported(1) Two half-length (up to 7.75" long), single-width, full-height x8 PCIe 2.0 cards plus one daughter card
- Compatible PCIe Cards(2) Up-to-date PCIe cards listed on our supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
- Power Adapter: Universal 80W, 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- PCIe Card Minimum Guaranteed Power: 25W
- Operating Temperature: 0º C to 35º C (32º F to 95º F)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 6.5 x 11 x 4.6 in. (16.5 x 27.9 x 11.7 cm)
- Weight: 3.7 lbs (1.7 kg)
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Mac® with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- OS X® 10.8.5+
- OS X El Capitan compatible
- PC with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port(4)
- Windows® 10, 8, 7
- PCIe Card Compatibility
- For up-to-date PCIe card compatibility please consult the PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart
In the Box
- Echo Express SE II Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe Card Expansion System(1)
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
- Thunderbolt cable
- PCIe cards sold separately.
- Compatibility requires the installation of Thunderbolt technology-aware drivers, available from the manufacturer. See the supporting PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for a list of up-to-date compatible PCIe cards.
- ThunderLok compatible with all copper Thunderbolt cables. Not yet compatible with optical Thunderbolt cables.
- Windows requires a Thunderbolt 2 interface in the computer and in the expansion chassis to support more than two PCIe controllers. Note that some PCIe cards have a bridge to multiple controllers, so it is possible for a single dual-controller PCIe card to reach the limit if not connected via Thunderbolt 2. Not all Mac-compatible PCIe cards are also compatible with Windows. See the PCIe Card Thunderbolt Compatibility Chart for details.
- Models with serial numbers Gxxx and greater have one x16 slot and one x8 slot. Earlier models have two x8 slots.