Do you frequently need to hook up multiple USB 3.0 drives for fast backups and drive-to-drive duplication? If you are looking for the best possible performance, install the Sonnet Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe adapter in your Mac Pro® tower, Windows® PC, or Thunderbolt™ 2-to-PCIe card expansion system. This pro Sonnet card adds four SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to your computer, but unlike conventional adapter cards, each port has its own controller. Instead of sharing a single controller’s bandwidth, each port gets its own, enabling the Allegro Pro card to support aggregate transfer speeds of up to 1,800 MB/s (450 MB/s per port)!
The Allegro Pro USB 3.0 PCIe card features a PCIe 2.0 x4 bus interface to take advantage of one of your computer’s fast expansion card slots. This card installs easily into any x4 PCI Express® (PCIe) slot that supports a full-height card, features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 peripherals.
- Adds SuperSpeed USB Connectivity—Adds four USB 3.0 ports to your Mac Pro with PCIe slots, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion system
- Four Ports, Four USB 3.0 Controllers—Supports aggregate transfer speeds of up to 1,800 MB/s (450 MB/s per port)
- Powers Connected Devices—Supports USB 3.0 bus-powered hard drives, SSDs, DVDs & Blu-ray devices with up to 2.0A per port
- Supports Charge & Sync—Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously sync and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
- Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device Connection—Plug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Optimized for Thunderbolt—Provides optimum performance over Thunderbolt
- Easy Installation—Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot