The CL 1B plug-ins by Softube are the only Tube-Tech plug-ins that are fully endorsed by Tube-Tech.
This version requires no DSP hardware but uses the same outstanding modeling technology and algorithms as the famous Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in for TDM and PowerCore (distributed by TC Electronic). The sound is of course just as fantastic as its predecessor. With this unprecedented accuracy, down to details such as the precise VU meter behaviour, the Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in is definitely in a league of its own.
- Classic Tube-Tech sound in your computer
- Created together with the designers at Lydkraft/Tube-Tech
- Each and every component carefully modeled
- Fix./man. mode for breaking traditional compression boundaries
- External sidechain control
- A seriously great looking GUI!
- Very CPU friendly
- Gain: Up to +30 dB of make-up gain
- Ratio: Continuous ratio control from 2:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: Continuous threshold control from +20 dB to -40 dB
- Attack: From 0.5 to 300 milliseconds
- Release: From 0.05 to 10 seconds
The Tube-Tech CL 1B features a unique attack/release switch. The switch has three different positions:
- Fixed: In the fixed mode, the attack time is set to 1 millisecond and the release is set to 50 milliseconds
- Manual: In the manual mode, the attack and release controls work as normal
- Fix./man: In the fix./man. mode, the release control works as in manual mode. The attack, however, is fixed to a fast attack and the attack knob turns into a delay for the release time.
Sidechain bus select
Setting the Sidechain bus select to 'external' lets you - you guessed it! - use an external sidechain.
At your disposal is an old school VU meter capable of showing three different things.
- Input: The VU meter shows the input level
- Compression: The VU meter shows the amount of gain reduction
- Output: The VU meter shows the output level
John G. Petersen